The Shout (Mic POV)

Some things never change. Like how me and Pickel always make horrible choices with Taco.

It had been around a few months since the second season of Inanimate Insanity ended, and I would've had something nice to say if it wasn't against the rules to spoil that to the audience (Even after I quit that contract term still applies, how long does it take to edit these things?). I leaned against the vending machine, adjusting my gain and chatting with Pickel, we've earned a friendship being both victims of Taco's schemes. Pickel tells me a story about his life in season 1, "Me and Taco used to do everything together, like how we tried to get across the tiles together, but one we chose broke under our feet." I giggle, "You already told me all about that episode! And barely 15 minutes ago!" We chuckle to each other and I begin to whisper, "You know, have you heard about Paper, he recently-" "SOURCREAM!" A raspy voice from the not-so-secret lab cuts me off, but Pickel doesn't seem to notice. 

He twidles his thumbs for a second before asking, "Are you gonna complete that?" I reply, "Did you hear that?" He looks around before saying back, "What are you talking about? Who else would be up at this time of night?" "Pickel, it's 11:09." I sigh. He says, "Kinda weird to be up at an hour before midnight." "It's 11:09 in the morning. Night would be weird, but not morning, you idiot!" I shout barely thinking, but Pickel has gotten used to it after all. He looks at me as I think of what to say, curiosity filling me, what was down there? I ask Pickel, "You wanna check out that noise?" He nods and- wait, what was the passcode again? Thoughts bloom as I try to remember. Getting a bit frustrated, I start mashing the buttons, and it swiftly lets us in. Me and Pickel are sent into the lab, seeing something that shocks us. 

Barely illuminated by little more than the light of the portal, and basking in the familiar light, holding a calculator-like device, was Taco herself. She looked different, no arms and a great grin. I scream in dread, it's her! Taco lowers her head and steps away, clearly uncomfortable, she shouts, "GUACAMOLE!" She was kinda charming and that was annoying from her. Pickel looks at me deadpan and mutters, "Both of my two brain cells are fighting on whether to take her to Hotel OJ or to push her back through the portal." I decide for him, maybe a bit too loudly, "We should take her in, we can send her through the portal later." Taco gasps, "PICKEL?!" Maybe it was too dark, or "she isn't as bright as the one I met-" I cover my mouth, did I just say that out loud in front of her? Taco seems to not have noticed and says, "SOURCREAM!" As I decide to grab her and go towards Hotel OJ.

"Oh boy, how was I going to introduce her to the Hotel?" The one thing I didn't think about.