"alright, cool. i drove with my own car to school today so i will go home already while you're waiting for robin. you can just join me after bringing her home"

"okay, by the way have you seen robin? usually she never takes this long?!"

"oooh- yeah i did", a big smile spread on eddie's face "however, she seemed busy so i really, really didn't want to bother her"

"seriously?! you could have at least told her to hurry up!", steve protested and leaned his head back with a groan.

"and interrupt her literal make out session with vickie?! hell nah! it was a pain in the ass to watch robin shy away from that girl so i wouldn't want to destroy their glorious moment!"

"excuse me what the fuck did you just say?!"

"what? we gotta support the local lesbians, stevie boy. or should i say the local queers?", eddie smirked and winked at stevie, leaving him speechless.

inner panic spread through steve's body. on the one side he was terrified that eddie might have found out about his crush on him, on the other hand he would have been a tiny, tiny bit relieved because maybe, just maybe eddie would like him back? consider to like steve back? steve gulped and pushed his hopes back down. there was just no way that someone as cool and confident as eddie would ever even consider liking someone like steve. not to forget that eddie thought that steve didn't like guys.

"anyway", eddie cleared his throat "i will go now. robin shouldn't take that long so don't worry. i will wait for you"

steve smiled at the other guy while watching him walk over to his old van. his words were so simple yet so perfectly fitting no matter what he said.

seems like my crush is worse than i thought.

steve smiled to himself and happily opened his car's door. he was way too busy thinking about eddie to notice how another ten minutes passed before robin swang open the door and jumped on the seat.

"sorry! i know i am late but something ca-"

"you made out with vickie it's fine", steve interrupted her. he turned to his best friend whose cheeks turned pinkish.

"naw! i am so proud of you, robin!", steve pulled robin in a bone crushing hug and couldn't stop smiling. "really! even though it took you way too fucking long- here you are! happily in a relationship with vickie! wait-", steve pulled away from the hug and held eye contact with robin "you are in a relationship right ?!"

"ye-"

"amazing!!", steve yelled and robin covered her ears with her hands.

steve patted robin's shoulder like a proud parent and smiled like there was no tomorrow. he started the engine and with a short sight to the right he could also see the shy but happy smile on robin's lips.

"i am seriously proud of you", steve repeated and got a "thanks" from robin.

"so, now that i made my move towards vickie, i expect you to do something about eddie", robin teased and steve made an excited undefinable sound.

"oh. my. god! i can't do that!"

"now look who's talking! every time i said that you always told me to "not worry" and "just do it". now you see how helpful that was, huh?"

"no, you cannot compare that! vickie was so obvious about liking you and you were just fucking blind! meanwhile, eddie doesn't even know that apparently i also date guys- eddie- i mean i don't know if i would date other guys besides eddie because until now i didn't even consider dating a guy and now out of fucking nowhere he just appears and makes me question my entire existence!", steve ranted while robin just laughed at him.