Chapter 24

At Sivan's residence, the atmosphere in the boys' room is not that different from Alice's. Ellis can't hold his horse down any longer. He can't wait to get the answer from his brother, Miles, who is, at firsthand withness all the chaotic incidents caused by Alice, their newly found superpower friend.

"Is Alice really the one causing all that mess back there?" Ellis asks, curious out of his mind.

"What mess?" Miles says.

 "The loud bang, the shock wave, trees fell to its roots, and flying rock all over the place, back at the woods, and why do you lie to the Captian?"

"If I tell him the truth, do you think he believes us?"

"So that means that Kanha has a superpower, that's so cools." Said Ellis, excitement run through his vain.

"No, I don't think so, I didn't see anything back there besides when Alice woke up and scream out of her lung, suddenly there a strong wind just hits us, again do you really think Alice can cause all of that?" Miles questioning his experience, still can't wrap his head around the fact that he just encounter a supernatural being.

"I don't know too, what about we let her test her new power tomorrow then (if she really has one), at the wood but not at night??" Ellis suggests.

"When then?" Miles asks.

"Lunch break, I think."

"Okay, cool, let's talk about it with the other tomorrow then...now...now I really need a good night's sleep." Miles tells his brother then slowly creeps himself into his comfy bed and then his blanket before shutting his pair of eyes down and sleeping.

Back at Micheal's house, Adeline and Micheal are now having what people today call "Netflix and chills" in Micheal's bedroom.

Micheal begins slowly from top to bottom while Adeline moans his name, but then Adeline pushes Micheal away and jumps out of the bed.

"Hey, what's wrong, baby?" Micheal asks.

"Nothing, it's just I've never done something like this before." Adeline mumbles.

"There is gonna be first in everything right, you get used to it." He leaned toward Adeline again and then put both of his hands around her body before pulling her back onto the bed.

But the night of her honeymoon has to be cut short for her. Adeline gland at the watch and it said 11 PM. Adeline freaks out because she is now late to go back home, her home is gonna kills her.

"Oh, shit, it late, it late." She cursed rapidly making Micheal to start questioning his girlfriend, what is really wrong with her?

"Wo,wo, what the matter again, bea?" 

"My mom, that's what going on, Micheal!!! She said I must be back by 8PM and now It's already 11 PM, oh shit, she gonna kills me."

"Ok, ok, calm down, I drive you home then," Micheal says.

Too busy to even pay attention to her boyfriend anymore, Adeline rushes to find something puts on and cover her body because her shit is wet with all the beer spit over it. She found Micheal's sweatshirt hanging on the bathroom door, she quickly grabs it and put it on without giving a second thought about Micheal's sweatshirt policy that he has. 

Micheal never lets anyone wear his sweatshirt, even for girls that he casually hooks up with from time to time but this time, Micheal is okay with letting Adeline wear his. Is he really in love with Adeline or it is just another act that Micheal put on so he can get into Adeline's pants again?"

"No, No, that's fine, Naty will take me home, I'll... see you tomorrow, okay?" Said Adeline.

"Mmm-hmm." He nods his head as Adeline gives him a forehead kiss before exit his room.

Arrived back at her house, Adeline gives Naty her goodbye before exiting her car and tries to quietly sneak into the house by the back door, she doesn't want to wake her mom up, but sure enough, her mom is already waiting for her by the kitchen's counter.

"Oh! Jesus, you scared me."

"Oh, I scared you?"

"I know, I should have called."

"(loudly) Where have you been? (softly) We agreed on 8:00."

"After the assembly, some people wanted to get something to eat. I didn't think it'd be a big deal."

"You didn't think to call and let me know? With everything that's been going on?"

"I didn't realize how late it was, okay? I'm sorry, mother. What more do you want?"

Her mom's rage begin to slowly go down and Adeline start to walk up the stair to her room but then her mom notice the sweatshirt that she wore.

"Hey, wait... Whose sweatshirt is that?" Mrs. Sivan asks.

"Micheal..." Adeline says softly.

"Micheal? So is Micheal your boyfriend now?"

"What? No! It was just cold, so I borrowed his sweatshirt. It's not a big deal."

"Adeline" Mrs.Sivan says softly to her daughter.

"WHAT????" Adeline inrertated at her mother asking a lot of questions.

"You can talk to me. You can talk to me. Whatever happened?" Mrs.Sivan says, still keeping her tons of voice in the lower state.

"Nothing happens, mother," Adeline replies.

"Adeline?" Mrs.Sivan repeats. She begins to worry about her daughter's mantel health and well-being because she has been through that path before and she knows how hard it is to get through it without outside help.

"Like I said NOTHING HAPPEN." And she rushes up to her room leaving her mom alone in the kitchen started to question her action and a solution to help guide her daughter back to the light side.