"Don't you lie to me again, Micaela? You are carrying my grandchild and you are trying to deny it? What kind of lady are you?"

I glance away with so many thoughts dancing into my mind. I returned my gaze to her and asks "What's the point to accept I'm carrying your son's child when my marriage with him is over? What's there to be happy about when the child will end up being born in jail? Why should you accept a child of a woman who raped your son and ruined his life? What is your plan against me? To kill me thereafter I give you a grandchild?!"

"How dare you!" She snarls and threw a hard slap on my face. I staggered backward with my hands on my cheeks.

My gaze travels back to her awestruck at the slap I just received from my mother-in-law...I mean ex-mother-in-law. I stared blankly in alter disbelief. Her hands reached for her face and she covered it in embarrassment.

"Micaela, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that I swear it" she apologized and slowly dropped her hands down. "I lost control because of what you were wrongly accusing me of. I'm deeply sorry, I didn't mean to slap you. I thought that's the only way I could stop you from saying nonsense".

I didn't know what to say, I'm confused right now. I don't know if I should believe her or not.

"Micaela, I know you to be a good person right from the day I met you. My son told me about the rape incident that happened years ago, not like I don't believe that you did it, but I don't believe you carried out the rape plan all alone. I feel there's a hidden truth behind you raping my son. Please, tell me the truth, was it truly obsession that drives you into raping my son or where you threatened to do it?"

My eyebrow lifted more than 1 millimeter. Did I hear this woman correctly? She doesn't believe I raped her son at my own will? But how is that even possible?

My eyes flickered and glance intently at her. Did she tell her son the same thing? Could that be the reason Ferd left her because she was defending me? She took a step forward and stood in front of me.

"Please I need to know the truth, I know it sounds crazy to be defending you in front of my son even when I don't know the real story, that should convince you how much I love you and believe in you, Micaela. Talk to me, daughter, I'm ready to listen to you. It'll help you gain my son back only if you open up to me" she took my hands and squeeze them with warmth.

Do we still have reasonable mothers-in-law like her in this generation?

I let out a breath I've been holding and said "Thank you for not judging me and giving me a chance to tell you my part of the story. Can we go in please?".

"Of course! Forgive my manners" she snickered and led me inside.

**~~~**

Fernando's POV

I thought there was only one person that is going to stand by me when everyone else that I care about turned their back on me, but to my greatest detriment, my mother chooses to support that beautiful devil over me.

Right now, I just want to disappear to a place where I won't hear from anyone for a very long time before I'll come out of my hiding. My adopted father was the one driving, he insisted on driving me to anywhere I wanted after he saw how agitated I was back at home.

Initially, when we left my home I didn't know where I was going, but as he kept driving me around the city the thought of leaving Madrid to a small island where I can have my peace even though is for a limited time came to mind.

"Take me to the airport" I announced and he squint at me briefly.

"Are you traveling, son?"

"Obviously yes!"