014

BECKHAM MATTHEWS

His eyes were glued to me. I stared back at him hoping he'd stop but he only stared harder. I hated my brother. I hated him with every bone in my body. I skated over to where he was stood and faced him. He smirked at me, before looking away. "Good look little brother." Brooks said his voice had the tone that he always used to annoy me. He was trying to get into my head. "Good look big brother." I replied , trying to make it seem I was. unbothered by his antics.

The ref stood in between our player and theirs, he dropped the puck and their player won it. Luckily Seth tackled it off him, I made a run and Seth passed the puck to me. I managed to get past one player before my brother slammed into my ribs. I groaned at the pain, Brooks laughed as he tackled the puck off me. I could feel myself getting warm with the anger, that was growing inside of me.

I turned around to tackle him but he was already five metres away from me, I began to skate faster to try and catch up to him. But he did what Brooks does best and slips past every last player and scored. He celebrated right next to me, I shook him off and looked into the crowd. My eyes stopped when they reach her. My mother.

She was  no longer frail looking, and there were no bruises to be seen. She smiled, and celebrated the fact that her son just scored. She celebratesd like she's proud, of him.

I turned my attention back to the game, and received the puck from Seth. This time I made it past Brooks, and passed the puck to Mason he quickly passed it back to me. I took the puck past a defender, I played the puck to Seth. He striked the puck hard and fast, I watched as the score board lit up and heard the crowd cheer. I skated over to him celebrating with him, as I drowned everything else out.

The next ten minutes was more like a wrestling match then a hockey game. I shoved Brooks, he shoved me. He pushed me, I pushed him. Every bone in my body was aching by the time the buzzer went. "Beckham." My father's voice was sharp. I turned my head to where he was stood. "Get your brother out your head." He told me, I ignored him shaking my head before I walked into the changing room.

Get your brother out your head. How could I do that? He was on me every two seconds, and I wanted to break his spine. "Matthews, what ever you've got going on with their number eight get in gone. I don't want you ruining this match." Coach said, everyone's eyes were on me. I swallowed the lump in my throat, from the guilt. I had made the game ten times harder for everyone on the team, just because of him. He had gotten inside my head and I knew it.

Everyone began walking back to ice and I felt a hand on my back, "come on," it's Seth "remember you win you get Ruth."

I get her? What the fuck. I was treating her like an object like she was mine for the taking. I needed to forget about her. Forget about Brooks. Forget about my father. Forget about my mother. All I needed to do was focus on the game.

RUTH ASTOR

What had I got myself into. I wanted neither team to win, I wanted to go home. But the crowd was bigger than the other games, and I couldn't see an exit.

I watched as the boys skated out into the ice once again, my eyes were glued to both number eights. I watched as the ref drops the puck, Seth manages to win it. He took on player after player, he passed the puck to Beckham who manages to score. My heart was in my throat. I shouldn't have been freaking out over this.

Brooks shook his head and shouted at the defenders.

I watched Brooks scores then Beckham get angry, and the roles got reversed. I watched it happen over and over, the scores 6-6 by the time there was a minute left. My heart began to beat faster and faster, Brooks skated quickly towards the goals but one of our defenders tackled him, taking the puck. He slides the puck to Beckham, he managed to fly past every player, like it's nothing. He hit the puck hard, like his life depended on it. It flew into the back of the net, the cheers were followed by the buzzer, which only made the crowd roar even louder.

The boys skated into a huddle celebrating, Maddie cheered next to me causing me to celebrate as well. I watched as Brooks took off his helmet and lowered his head in defeat. I was stuck with Beckham. I had lost Brooks.

BROOKS MATTHEWS

I had lost. The only game I cared about I had lost. My mother wouldn't care, at least I wasn't in my brothers shoes where our father would be pissed Beckham let the game get so close.

I went to shake my brothers hand knowing it would only annoy him. But when I reached them one of his friends had an arm around Beckham's neck with a beaming smile. "Take that you stuck up prick, now Ruth is all Beckahm's." He said. All Beckahm's? What the fuck was he taking about?

"What are you talking about?" I question my brother staring at him. He doesn't answer only holds his gaze, his friend answers instead. "They made a bet. Beckham win Ruth has to prove she doesn't like you and go out with Beckham, you win. Well she's all yours." Anger began to fill me listen to his words. "You asshole" I spat before lunging to my brother taking him to the floor. I punch the side of his chin, while bursting his lip. He fights me of himself kneeing me in my groan. I let out a groan in pain and fall to floor, Brooks grabs my shirt holding it in his fist he punches my face. It goes numb and pain went through my face. He punches the same place over and over again, before someone pulled him of me and threw him to the floor.

My vision was blurred but the same silhouette stood over me, my father.

A/n- sorry it took so long to upload, I had no motivation what so ever.