004

I find myself sat on the wall again, a lots been going through my mind. The main thought is if I'll see Brooks, part of me hopes so. But I know I'll mess up the conversation again. There's a lot more people then yesterday, who are all yet again smiling. The unexpected shouting of my name breaks my daze. I turn around and see Brooks with two other boys. "Hey Ruth." Brooks says as he joins me on the wall, his friends follow him and one of them sits next to me. I smile at him and he does too for a second, he soon has a frown plastered across his face. Brooks giving him a death stare which makes me laugh quietly.

"Ruth this is Jakob and Liam, boys this is Ruth." Brooks introduces us. "

"Hey." I say to them both, Brooks does the same actions as he did yesterday, skimming the stone across the water. Jakob and Liam copy him, so I begin to too. My first one fails, so does my second, third, forth, fifth. I haven't manage to get to my sixth, Brooks must of got tired of watching me fail and helps me. "Hold the rock like this," he shows me which isn't any help, making him move my fingers into place. "Now flick your wrist a little," Brooks helps me, he throws the rock and yet again manages to skim it. Now my go, I throw the rock and it skims the water only twice but the best I've done so far. The boys cheer making me laugh, I decided to retire from the rock skimming and look out to the sea. "Sorry to cut it short but we've got to go," Brooks apologises, "but here's my number ." Brooks hands me a piece of paper with numbers scribbled onto it.

"Bye Brooks."

"Bye Ruth."

"Right what is so important you called me round to your house?" Maddie questions me, she has a quick snoop around my room before siting down on the end of my bed. "Gossip that's what." I tell her, making her get comfy and smile. "So?" Maddie makes me start the conversation.

"I hung about with Brooks again, my God he's amazing." I can feel the smile growing on my face, but Maddie isn't sharing the same energy. "What's wrong?" I question her, Maddie gulps before speaking. "Look I know he seems like a great guy, but from what I've heard at school he's not much different to Beckham." Maddie frowns and offers me a hug as sympathy.

"But he was with his friends!" I tell Maddie, hoping it helps the situation. "I don't know if he's as bad, but he's definitely a piece of work." Maddie says.

I bite my tongue to try and stop myself from asking questions, but I doesn't work. "What do you mean? What has he done? What has Beckham done?"

"Firstly he's supposedly a dick, secondly he apparently plays with girls feelings, and Beckham is Beckham." Maddie tells me. Is Brooks a dick? I wouldn't be impossible that he's not. Brooks and Beckham are twins so they've got to be a like in some way. Because they definitely don't look a like, Brooks has blonde hair and green eyes, Beckhams got brown hair and brown eyes. Similar height, different personality.

Fuck. Have I really taken in the way they both look and act?

"But everything about Brooks is a rumour, the bit about Beckham is true." Maddie sighs at my comment.

I sit closer to Maddie and hit her with a pillow as payback from yesterday . "Oh your on!" Maddie hits me over the head with the pillow, and suddenly we have broken out into a pillow fight. We both laugh but we are interrupted, Dylan. "Not even going to ask. Do you want pizza?" Dylan asks us, "yeah sure." He shuts my door and straight away Maddie speaks. "You like Brooks while he's walking round here, have you got a pair of eyes?"

"First of all I don't like Brooks, and he is Dylan, he is my brother." I tell Maddie.

"So your brothers hot!"

"Shut up."

A/n-sorry this chapter is so short, I've had athletics this past week. Thank you so much for 7k reads and the support on my TikTok. I now upload on Wednesday and Sundays <3.

 I now upload on Wednesday and Sundays <3