008

I can feel his gaze on me. I've been reluctant siting with the boys, after Beckham making me realise I was the asshole. But Maddie still begged me everyday, and today I gave in. "Would you rather have invisibility as a supper power or teleportation?" Atlas asks us, everyone groans in response.

"What?"

"If your going to play would you rather, at least make it interesting." Seth says, "like would you rather kiss Maddie or Ruth?"

"You're disgusting." Maddie responds.

"Going to have to go with Ruth on this one." Mason answers first, obviously he chooses me he's not going to kiss his sister.

"Atlas what about you?"

"Ruth, sorry Maddie I prefer blondes."

"You prefer Tate you mean." I joke, making a few of the boys snicker.

"Shut up!" Atlas says.

"Seth your turn."

"Maddie." He says quickly, too quickly.

"Beckham?"

"No." Beckham responses.

"What do you mean no?" Seth says.

"I'm mean no, not answering, never in a million years." Beckham says. I look to where he's sat, but he's already looking right at me, making me shift in my seat.

"Come on, everyone else has answered. If you don't answer we will answer for you." Seth threatens.

"Maddie. Who would want to kiss Ruth?" He finally answers. I can't tell if he's trying to insult me or not, because I wouldn't want to kiss him either. "I mean come on, Maddie all the way. She's actually pretty." Beckham continues, he continues. Why would he continue? He's already answered.

"I'd rather kiss Brooks anyway." I retaliate. Everyone goes silent, Beckham's eyes are locked on me and his face is shocked. So is everyone else's, everyone is shocked.

"Wait, you know Brooks?" Atlas begins the questions.

"You like Brooks?" Seth is next.

"Really? Brooks?"Mason says.

Beckham gives me a told you so look, Maddie is still in shock. "You know he's an absolute fucking asshole." Seth says.

I stand up an walk away from them. What do they know? Brooks and his friends probably say the same about Beckham. None of it's true, they just don't like each other.

"What the hell was that?" I hear Maddie's voice behind me.

"I don't know. It kind of just came out." I tell her.

"Look I know you like him and everything but he'll screw you over Ruth, I don't want to see you get hurt."

"Will you screw me over?" I ask Brooks, straight after school I met up with Brooks.

"What?"

"Will you hurt me?"

"No, of course not."

I let out a sight of relief, and lean back. We sit in silence until Brooks breaks it, "my brother told you I would didn't he."

"Yeah, but I don't believe him." I reply, Brooks stands up and does his usual routine, skimming the rocks across the water. "I maybe the heart breaker, but he's the manipulative one. Always has been, always will be." Brooks tells me, did he just admit to being a heart breaker?

"What do you mean by your a heart breaker?" I ask him.

He doesn't turn around when he answers, he just stays skimming the rocks. "Sometimes I am, but I would never do it to you. You're well you."

"Your brother thinks that's a bad thing."

"What being you?" Brooks says.

"Yeah."

"I'll have to see him soon. Westwood vs Huxley is next Friday, eight days. Are you going to watch?" Brooks tells me.

Was I going to watch? Maddie will most likely force me too, but watching Beckham and Brooks destroy each other. Definitely not. "Nope"

Brooks turns around with a frown plastered onto his face, "please come on."

"Not happening."

"Yes it's is."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes."

"Oh so you are going now?" Brooks sarcastically says, he tricked me.

"Fine!"

"we are going to destroy you."

"Well luckily for me, I won't be the one getting destroyed."

Brooks sits next to me, making me reposition myself. Shit. I'm praying to God he didn't notice. I can smell his cologne, it's strong. Really strong. The wind blows making me shiver, and I realise I should of brought a jacket. Brooks begins to take of his jacket, did he notice me shivering? If so I'm fucked, because he definitely noticed me tensing when he sat next to me.

"Here." He says.

"I'm not taking it." I reply.

"Then I'll make you." With this he puts his jacket round me. Now I definitely smell like him. "Wanna go get ice cream?" Brooks asks me.

I should say no, because I've got to get home. But I can't say no to ice cream. "Yeah, why not."

I pry the front door open, trying not to make a noise. But apparently Dylan has a supper power. He bolts down the stairs at meets me at the bottom of them. "Where the fuck have you been?" He questions me, before I can even answer he cuts me off, "and who's jackets that?"

"I've been out with a friend." I tell him.

"Just a friend? God Ruth I've been worried sick."

"No you haven't, you can't face the fact that you're no longer the only man in your little sisters life." I say, the push past him on the stairs.

"I hate you!" I hear him shout from behind me.

"I thought you were worried about me."

A/n- thank you for 40k reads it means so much. Also I don't know if a jacket means the same thing in America as I'm British but I hope it does. It's basically a hoodie with a zip :)