012

"I'm going to kill you." I shout, while laughing.

"Only if you can catch me!" Atlas shouts from down the hall. He's yet again stolen one of my pens. It's gotten to the point were I've began to hide them. Maddie chuckles at my side, "I heard you changed your mind about the bet. Why?" I don't speak. I don't want to bring back bad memories for her, "just stuff I guess." There's silence between us for a few seconds before I fill it with a question, "how's it going with you and Atlas?" As soon as I mention his name Maddie's checks go red. "I haven't spoken to him much. He also likes Tate."

"Oh come on Maddie. You could easily get Atlas liking you. I mean look at you, your gorgeous. Plus I'm sure he has feelings for you too." A small smile appears on her face, at my comments.

"Maybe. But we're amazing friends, don't you think it will be weird?" Maddie asks me.

"Maybe, but sometimes your friends can be your soulmate. And from the way you two look at each other, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd two are."

"You think? I'm not sure though. I'm not the best at talking to boys." I can feel Maddie's mood drop, and I know exactly the thing that will cheer her up. "Wanna go watch the boys practice?"

"Oh my God, yes!"

••• ••• •••

"God he's hot." Maddie says. She's drooling all over, for Atlas. "Beckham seems to get hotter and hotter by the minute though." Poppy says, we decided to sit with Poppy as she was sat by herself. And for the first time I felt bad for her, "so Ruth are you over the whole judgmental thing?" Poppy asks.

"Yep. Me and Beckham are friends." I reply.

"Who do you like Ruth?" Poppy questions me.

"No one."

"Ignore her she likes the rival number eight." Maddie says. I get a guilty feeling in my gut. I wish I had know before about her and Brooks. Maybe I wouldn't have got myself in this mess with the deal.

Poppy laughs. And all I can do is sit there. "I used too. I don't anymore." I answer for myself. My attention goes to the ice. I watch Beckham run circles round everyone else. I don't know how he does it but it's impressive. Really impressive.

Poppy takes the words right out of my mouth, "he's really good." She's staring at the ice, I don't blame her. I don't blame her. I used to not like her. Have a miss judge everyone? Yes. Yes I have. Have I been a complete stuck up asshole? Yep. Should I try a little harder? Definitely.

Atlas isn't even concentrating, instead his attention is all on Maddie. "He's staring at you." I tell her. Her cheeks go the same red colour as they did last time. "Shut up!" Maddie laughs. She's got the biggest smile on her face, and is totally in love. "Do you want me to turn it into sixth grade and ask him what he thinks of you?"

"Yes, please." Maddie says, making all three of us laugh. "Don't expect me to ask Brooks though!"

"I don't like Brooks!" I retaliate.

"Then who do you like?" Maddie asks.

"I don't know."

I turn back to the ice, all the boys are having a drink. They're all laughing about something one of them has just said, Seth and Beckham are pushing each other about. Atlas is still locked to Maddie, Mason is messing about with some other boy and they all seem happy. That is until coach tells them off, and gives a lecture about how they need to be serious for Fridays game. He then splits them into two teams, Seth and Beckham have some how made it onto the same team, and are having a full on celebration over it. I laugh to myself lightly, but Maddie seems to catch it, "you crushing over someone?"

"Nope. Not at all."

The other team to Beckham starts with the puck, but they're are quickly intercepted by Seth, who passes the puck straight to Beckham. He slips past player after player until he scores, he throws his arms up and what feels like a split second he looks right at me. Before Seth practically jumps on him.

I've suddenly got this feeling in my stomach. Two actually. I happy one which feels amazing. The other. A feel of realisation. That just maybe, has something to do with Beckham.

A/n- I'm trying to make my writing style better, so I've began to take my time and write when I feel motivated. I'm also working on character development. :)

 :)