11| Torn Pieces

ARABELLA

"Scusami, non sono davvero interessato a te, per favore-" he keeps speaking behind me in an offensive tone until we end up in brightness.

He pulls his brows together in confusion, staring at me, as if he's trying to comprehend his view.

Whereas I try so hard not to freeze at the sight of him looking so dashing. He's wearing all black colored suit with his dark hair styled in a slicked-back.

He suddenly points and presses his finger to the AirPods he is wearing, listening to it.

I huff and raise the documents to him. I don't want to spend anymore time here.

When he doesn't take them but keeps roaming his eyes around aimlessly, as if his focus is not on me, I pull his hand and handle him his belongings.

I spin around to leave and take out my mobile just to call Leah to let her know we are done with the work we came here for.

"Ok" Luca's voice from behind don't really bother me until he grabs my wrist and pulls me with him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I clamor, and see all of my attempts to get out of his hold are being useless.

We end up in a room, it more looks like an office room because of the placed table, chairs, curtains and bright lights filling it. He keeps pulling me with him until he could finally pin me against the bathroom wall and pushes the door until it gets closed.

"Leave me."

"No."

I give him an aggresive look, "Let me go or-"
"Or what?"

My eyes bore into his venomed luring eyes. "Don't tempt me. You know very well what I can do. I'll scream on top of my lungs and stand in front of you acting like I've never met you"

He lets out a short laugh, "Wanna know my next dialogue reply for your role play?" he smirks, his breath lands on my lips.

The smirk suddenly falls off his lips when he again taps his AirPods and listens. What the fuck is going on here?

I slide his arm down from beside me. "On it." he says and again cages me, blocking all my ways out.

"Let me go!" I exclaim frustratedly.

"So that you break the door and walk out of here to the exit where guards block your way too? Just to ask for entrance pass?" he says and my face flushes.

"I asked Leah to wait outside and here you are. This bar is not ordinary, you need to have the card, which I assume you obviously don't have" he adds.

I pin my hand against his chest and push him away. What all of that has to do with us being locked in the bathroom?

"Speak. If you don't want your bones anymore broken" I hear Renzo's voice from outside, followed by a sound of table getting hit by something.

I pause on my upcoming words. A frown touches Luca's lips as he again speaks with his finger on his ear, "Mercy and off the record," he says as he stares, "We got an unexpected guest here"

"Noted," Renzo's voice comes from outside, "Do you still wish to keep your mouth zipped?"

What is going on outside? Who is Renzo talking with besides Luca?

"W-who do you work for, il signore?" another, stuttering voice joins in.

"Where. Is. The. Package." Renzo's voice becomes harder as a bawling scream creeps in.

Something is wrong. I take my chance and try to escape through this space but Luca steps closer, his hand lands on my mouth whereas his another hand locks my wrists above my head. I can feel his breath as he corners me.

My back is pushed against this dry bathroom's wall.

The distance between us is almost nil, making it harder for me to move. He leans closer and breaths on my neck, "Don't move, Bella" he whispers in my ear.

We both stay still on our places and I don't understand why I'm cooperating with him in his game.

"I-I'll tell!" a voice echoes outside as a gasp escapes from my lips when Luca's teeth tease my earlobe.

"You have no idea what you're doing to me, bellissima" he whispers softly and his hands circle around my waist, pushing me into him.

I arc my head back as his lips brushes across the skin on my neck.

I breath in his cologne consisting of sedative, smoky notes.

"I don't care." I inch him away unexpectedly after whispering in his ears. He stands a step away from me, our gazes locked with each other's.

I hold the door's handle and stare back at him. His eyes. His damn beautiful blue eyes, as always, are enough to trigger the soft spot I have for him.

"Beg for me, Luca..." His stares at me don't diminish.

I scoff. First know what you want and fight for it, lowering your pride down for a goddamn second. Self-obsessed jerk.

"Este Renaldi" the man outside finally declares just before I opened the door and walk out.

Seeing the movement in this room, an old man catches my attention who has pushed himself against the table seeing Renzo standing against him, a few steps apart.

Confusion washes over Renzo's face and an expression of fear suddenly crosses the old man's body language watching me.

A feel of familiar warmth emerges behind me and through my side-eyes, I realize Luca is hovering against my back, breathing up my head with his hands in his pant's pockets.

So, he is the reason behind this old man's terror, not me.

Instead of changing his suit, Luca pulls me aside by my arm and walks straight to the old man, taking out the documents from the curve of the back of his black pants beneath his office attire coat.

Just then I notice Renzo is wearing an office attire too. I can't believe they do these things wearing formal office clothes.

What exactly do they do? Is this some business matter including violence?

Luca raises the documents to the face of the old man, "Este Renaldi. He really is paying his rented dogs with upsetting wages" he shakes his head in disbelief, "Didn't he want these pieces of papers so bad?"

My eyes go widened when Luca holds the sheets with both of his hands and pulls, tearing them apart, before shoving them at the man's face.

My veins clenched.

I didn't come here for handling him some shitty pieces of papers just to see him rip them apart until they're nothing but trash.

~~~

I sit inside his car on the backseat. Renzo and Luca enters the front seats too, seating proudly like a big work they've done.

I take out my mobile to call Leah and tell where to come from.

"That son of bitch was really being a pain in the ass" Renzo says, beginning the discussion of their so-called work.

I furrow my eyebrows at my mobile, seeing the call with Lea already ongoing since last twenty-five minutes.

"Where's my sister? Was she waiting for you outside somewhere?" Luca adjusts the rear-view mirror at my face and asks.

I purse my lips in a thin layer, my heartbeat raises while lifting the mobile near my ear.