8| News

ARABELLA

It's not like seeing this happening is easy for me. Neither Neville is going to let me live here, nor Luca is going to let me go away without finishing off the work I came here for.

Wait. He's nobody to plan my suit, it's just I don't want him to see me weak. After what he told me, there was no way I would have turned back on my heels to USA.

I stand up when Renzo and Lea comes into my view, walking inside.

It didn't take much time by others to show up too, behind them.

Is that Gabriel?

Julian?

Fantino.

And there comes he, surrounded by his two guards. Neville.

Elara is beside him, too. He's holding her hand and in other---he has a jacket which seems to be of Elara's.

"Isn't she Elara Russell? Your brother's girlfriend?" Luca asks, seating on the couch like a king he is, staring at the door.

"A rising fashion illustrator and a well-known model, I would say" I tell.

I smile at Elara who is now walking towards me faster to give me a hug. Is it just me or her belly seems to be gained in size a little more?

"Ara!" she says smiling widely and gives me a warm hug.

Over her shoulders, I look at Neville totters to us too and stops on his spot when he sees Luca--who is standing now, too. And as I saw it coming, his jaw tightens and chest begins to lift and fall.

Elara pulls herself away and sees Luca, "Hi, I'm Elara" she smiles at him.

Luca passes her a soft smile too.

She goes to Neville to introduce him to Luca---as if they really need to get introduced---but she stops seeing his abnormal expressions. "Neville, what happened to you?" she asks him, "Are you feeling ill after that long flight? Do you want to take a seat?" she holds his arm and asks as worry crosses her mind.

Neville shoots him a curt glare, "What the fuck she's doing here with you?" he speaks through gritted teeth, I can see that he's shaking with anger.

Luca smiles and shakes his head slightly, playing some drama, "So displeased. At least have a seat, you're my guests"

Neville exhales, ready to bite out as he takes a step further towards him and his guards points their guns at Neville. It didn't take much time by Neville's guards to load their guns too. The audacity of these asswipes...

Elara gasps widening her eyes and tightens her hold on his arm. A deadly silence creeps in.

"Luca, tell your guards to take their guns down, now" I say to him.

Fixing his gaze on Neville, Luca raises his hand and they all let their arms go back to where they were positioned before.

"Neville I-"
"Ara, take Elara away from here. I want to speak with him" he interrupts me.

What? Why should I leave?

"Beg your pardon?" Elara raises her eyebrows at Neville, it's obvious she doesn't want to leave him here where we can actually feel the fire burning between them.

He gives her a swift look before gazing at me, deadpan. At this point, I know he's not in a mood to repeat.

"Let's go" I say to Elara and she nods to me after staring at Neville with worry in her eyes.