35: Any Sport in a Storm: Part I

Start from the beginning

"Nice save, kid." She praised you.

The worm burrowed again, hiding somewhere underground.

Without any warning, it jumped out of the ground just right behind you.

"AHHH!" You screamed as it took you by surprise.

Before the worm could attack you, Eda comes to the rescue and slashes the beast. It was thrown back but managed to burrow underground once more, disappearing from your field of vision.

It kept digging and springing up from the ground. You and Eda tried your best to attack the beast but it always managed to squirm away.

"Ok, this is clearly not working. Time for plan B: to make an actual plan ." Eda huffed, trying to catch her breath.

"I agree." You wheezed.

"(Y/N), can you hold that thing down?" Eda asked.

"I think so..." You fretted.

"But I need some time."

"Then I'll steal you some. I'll hold it off while you do your magic." Eda instructed.

"Just try to hurry. I don't wanna lose any limbs today." She joked.

"I'll do my best." You smiled nervously.

Eda flapped her wings, releasing a gust of wind. Once she was high enough she called out: "Come out you squirmy orange lint!"

The worm monster springs out of the ground and shoots Eda a look with its empty round eyes.

"AGGHHHHHHH!!!" Eda cried out as she rocketed down the beast at full speed.

Meanwhile, you hurriedly took out several bottles of dark blue potions from your bag and arranged them in a circle on the ground. With a wooden stick, you drew a symbol at the center and connected the potions to it. The final product looked like some kind of summoning circle but with vials of potions instead of candles.

"Hey, kid! You done yet?"

"Agh!" She shouted as she dodged the enemy's attack. "No pressure but I think this thing wants to kill me."

"I'm almost done!" You replied.

You backed away from the spell circle. With your instrument at hand, you prepared a stance and took a deep breath to calm your nerves.

"Eda, it's ready! Get that thing inside that circle." You directed her, pointing at the spell circle you had just prepared.

"Ok!" She replied.

"Hey worm!" Eda cried out, calling the worm's attention.

"You're going down!" Her voice dropped in an intimidating tone as she shot a fierce look at the worm monster.

"Nye nye nye nye" Eda proceeded to blow raspberries.

She taunted the worm and it charged at her in anger

"That's right, follow me!" She mocked.

'This better work, (Y/N).' She worried.

Once the worm was inside the spell circle, Eda flew up. Quickly, you conjure a shield to surround the creature, trapping it within the circle.

It tried to escape, hitting the walls with its body.

You play a song on your musical instrument. Your hands danced as you performed a song with a fast tempo. With each note, one by one, the vials of potion erupted.

You continue playing with full concentration. The spilled potion seeps through the crevices of the lines you drew on the dirt that connected to an unknown symbol in the middle.