Chapter 31 - I Think I'm Falling For You

Gio

I LOVE sex. I love sex with Ren. 

My heart is still pounding as I gather her up in my arms in the bed, and a flood of dopamine washes over me like a warm wave.

"That was amazing," she sighs, absently tracing small circles on my chest with her finger, her hair still wet from the shower.

"So amazing," I concur, closing my eyes, relishing the sensations of her touch on my skin. The silence spools out, and my mind drifts off.

The way I'm feeling... about Ren, last night, and this morning, it's... I don't know... it's so much. It nearly overwhelms me sometimes. My brain has been trying to deflect it: she's hot, I'm attracted to her, I want her touch, it's just a sexual thing. But now, this morning? Now I know for sure it's more than that.

I love her.

Shit. Why does admitting it scare me so much?

I didn't mean to go out this far. It's like it was chill when we were in the shallows, but then we started to swim further out, the water seemed calm, and we were having such fun, but now I'm quickly being pulled out in this rip current of emotion. Swimming back to shore now is damn near impossible. 

Is Ren even way out here with me?  What if she's strong enough to swim back? What if she suddenly leaves me out here?  

People have dropped me out of nowhere before, so I know it can happen. If your own father can suddenly leave you behind, anyone can. 

How do I keep her here with me?

Please don't mess me up, Ren.

"Gio."

"Hmm?"

"You're in you're head again."

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I asked if I could borrow something to wear. My clothes are still soaked from last night."

Oh yeah, it's getting late, and she's got to get to her mom's. "Yeah. Course."

Wrapping a towel around myself, I go to my dresser, root through my shirts, and spot my old Raiders t-shirt from seventh grade. Perfect. It's too small for me now, but it reminds me of the game I went to with my brother, so I can't throw it out. I toss it to her and look for some pants that will fit her.

"Gio," she calls, kneeling on the bed, holding my comforter up in the air, wearing nothing but my favorite shirt. "I can't find my black panties anywhere. Do you know where they went to?"

My mouth hangs open, and I shake my head, unable to use my voice to speak.

"Well, can I borrow some boxers, too? I don't want to go commando."

"Yep," I gulp. 

I grab some new boxers, sweatpants, and my favorite sweatshirt and bring them back to her, trying to resist the temptation to have sex with her for a third time. I know she's got to get going.

 After we both are dressed, I walk her around the back of the house to her car and pull her in to hold her again. We say a long goodbye, neither of us wanting to part ways. It really has been an epic twenty-four hours.

Ren lays her head on my chest. "I miss you already."

My heart aches so bad when she says stuff like that.

"I don't want you to leave," I  whisper. "I feel like it'll be forever till I see you again."

"Two whole days!" she laughs, pulling back to look at me. "We got it bad."