Chapter 32: You're Almost There

Bắt đầu từ đầu

.

Lawyer: Listen. Travis is just pure evil and we know we can't cross him. Look what happens to the people who do: His twin, his father and James for crying out loud. If James didn't find out about it, he would've been alive all now.

.

(SHITTTTTTTTTTTT!!! Not only were we going to be smuggled in Travis' human trafficking ring to probably be sex slaves, these two idiots confirmed that James' killing was definitely a hit. Then I thought that's probably why he's keeping Jungkook drugged. My beloved obviously gave them a good fight. Oh Jungkookie... I'm so sorry...)

.

Lawyer: You really don't want what happened to James happen to us now, do you?

.

Michael: No.

.

Lawyer: Good. Think about your family and how they would feel knowing you've been fucking all these girls and guys for years. Eh! How do you think Deborah would feel about that?

.

Michael: Oh shit man! I think about that all the time. But if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't be here. That's why I asked Travis to use my company to expand his business. I want to be out of this smuggling venture and give him a taste of the good work my firm is doing. I wanted him to see that I am serious about my life and that I want to do better.

.

Lawyer: HAHAHA!!! You fucking idiot. You want out but you invite him into your business? No wonder you're going bankrupt. You think Travis cares about you, your family or your little architect firm? Not one fucking fart. All Travis wants is more money, pussy and dick to control. And what do you have? You don't got money cause your business is about to go bankrupt, you don't got a pussy and well your dick. Travis had his fill of it and moved on to greener pastures. So he don't need nothing from you, MIKEY!!! You're a piece of shit. I don't even know why you're still here. You're probably in love with him but he's tired of your ass and your limp dick...

.

And that was the end of their verbal dialogue. I was listening to it all and I could feel the rage coming on. After their interesting conversation, all I heard were the punches, things being thrown around and cussing. Lots and lots of cussing. Michael didn't take the lawyer's words too well at all. They were fighting not because of the crime they were accomplices to but because of their egos. Wasn't that what everything was about? Boosting their egos for more money and power? I know Jungkook wouldn't have wanted us to be a part of this situation but by us intervening maybe we could save many lives in the process. I thought of the many 'slaves' Travis had working for him. How many daughters and sons were kept chained and locked not just from their freedom but from their families and friends. I'm sure they would be wondering what happened to their loved ones. Jungkook and I helped so many 'lost' people in the brother/sibling programme maybe the training we did during those times would help us to reach out to these people held in captivity. The only question I had now was: How do we get out of this?

.

I slightly opened my eyes to see what was going on. Michael and the lawyer were still fighting but I turned slowly to look beyond them. Jungkook was still there. His head was now pulled up with a chain around his neck. I felt anger, pain, and sadness and completely distraught as I looked at him. His eyes were closed but I could see his features. He had bruises on his cheeks and a gash below his right eye. Jungkook did put up a fight when they took him.

.

THAT'S MY MAN!!!

.

But then I looked down to the side of him and I saw a small stool with a medicine bottle and a bottle of water next to it. My eyes opened wide as there was a single white tulip lying next to the items. I couldn't help stare at the items on the stool. I felt dizzy and even though the idiots were loud and still fighting, suddenly everything became quiet and I found myself in a different room. This room was familiar as I practically lived in it for years. Somehow my mind managed to go back in time and I saw myself when I was a little boy. I saw my mother sitting down on her bed with her head bent down. She had a white tulip in her hand and she was crying. I went to her and touched her hand but she pulled away. She looked up at me and shouted at me. She thought I was trying to steal the tulip but I was trying to explain to her that I wouldn't do that to her.