Chapter 2

I leave Keelie's apartment a little while later. We decided to make a pros and cons list about mates. I tried to keep it to my own thoughts and opinions but whenever I think about mates, his voice pops back into my head.

Keelie suggested the list, but we typed them on her laptop so my eavesdropping mates couldn't hear the list.

As soon as I get to the door I am being pulled into a hug. My face is pressed against his chest, but I know it's Pierson.

"Pierson I can't breathe," I protest while attempting to pull my face from his chest.

"You had such a productive afternoon," he beams.

"I did," I start to say while pulling away from him. "You two literally spent all day here?" I question even though I already know the answer.

"Yep," Egan replies from my couch.

"So, you know the plan?" I confirm while sitting next to Egan.

"We know the plan, but we'd like to know the texted part of the plan," Egan challenges. I glance over at him and chuckle slightly.

Egan's pouty because I picked Pierson to start with on our rotation.

"Well," I start to say while running my thumb over his pouting lip. "It was texted for a reason," I laugh while moving to stand up. Egan pulls me back down and then hovers over me.

"I guess I'll just have to tickle it out of you," he threatens.

"Don't you dare. Pierson help me," I cringe as Egan's hands start to come down on my sides. I hate being tickled.

"Okay," I gasp while squirming away from Egan. He laughs and lets me sit up. He raises his eyebrows waiting for my response.

"I never got to go back with Pierson, well you know before," I start to say but then lean my head back on the couch.

"Kaydence, you don't have to explain," Pierson tells me while grabbing my hand.

I open my eyes and look over at him. Pierson must think I feel more connected to him. It's unlike him to not push me about things on my phone.

"What we would like to know is what is on your pros and cons list," he continues.

"I'll tell you what's on my pros and cons list," I begin. "The same day I tell you my decision," I continue.

Pierson groans and Egan chuckles.

"When do you want to start your schedule again?" Egan asks.

"Tomorrow morning. I'll go to my classes and then go with Pierson," I decide.

"Okay I can-," Pierson starts to plan.

"Wait," I cut him off. "I want to go to my classes alone and then you can pick me up from my last lecture," I continue.

"Kaydence," he starts to argue.

"Oh, and it's nonnegotiable," I add.

"I'll walk you to your building in the morning and wait for you in the common area," he compromises.

"I can live with that," I nod while holding out my hand to shake on it.

He shakes my hand while simultaneously shaking his head at me.

'Never trust them. Never negotiate.' Dads voice booms through my head making me cringe.

"Kayde?" Egan worriedly asks me.

"I'm going to shower," I whisper while standing up before either of them can stop me.

I turn on the water and strip from my clothes. I sit down in tub and let the water pour over me like a waterfall. I pull my knees up to chest and dissociate for a while. I focus on my breathing and close my eyes.