Bonus 2/3: Travels

"I thought she was kidding when she said she'd join us on the third week..." Catia trailed, blankly staring at the nearing figure.

"How on earth did she convince that bullheaded husband of hers?" Felicia scratched her head, giving her friend a little wave.

"Hello you two!" Evie returned the wave, jumping up and down. "Rather speedy, aren't I?"

"You didn't run away from home, did you?" Catia took the luggage from her friend, passing it to the maid beside her.

"Oh what do you take me for!" laughed the blonde. "I have my methods, ladies, heh." she added with a wink.

"Do not elaborate, I beg." groaned Felicia, plopped back onto the sun chair.

"As you wish, by the by, what's the itinerary?" she stared at the two ladies lazing on the chair questioningly, basking under the sunlight.

"Take that chair, Evie. We're not doing anything this week. It's been a rough two weeks."

***

"On top of the mountain?" Evie gasped, spreading the cream on her biscuit.

"Catia and I had to borrow Langley's trousers to hike up there. God, I could still feel the cramps now and then."

"She had nightmares everyday." Catia added with a chuckle, rubbing her tired eyes. "Not the wisest choice of place to build a home. Mountains should remain as home for the nature."

"She'd been wise ever since." Felicia sighed, nudging Evie. "How long will you be joining anyway? Til Christmas?"

"Till the end, of course. Can't believe I missed the first two weeks, all I do is hear your fun stories." pouted the newcomer.

"I wish I joined two weeks later..." Catia mumbled. "But the view was really worth it. You really missed out. A lot."

"Shush you. Well," Evie pulled out a newspaper out of her handbag. "You're missing out too." she handed it to Catia.

"Did she make it to the headline?" Felicia teased, swiftly dodged the napkin Catia threw at her.

"Definitely did. Five or six publishers if I recall correctly."

"'Not Looking Back'? What is with this headline." she chortled, folding it back. "I did a few times actually, hard not to with such good-looking fellow. I'm quite a celebrity now, I fear."

"Didn't your father sent you a missive, Tia?"

She sighed. "It was written with red ink. Really emphasizes the anger."

"My utmost sympathy. You know, I had to avoid your father at every function. Had he caught me, I'd be nagged at in front of everyone!"

"If he keeps sending me red inked letters, I might think that the mountains are better suited for me." she stated thoughtfully, erupting laughters from her two friends.