Third Job

The door to Ally's room slowly creaked open, the hinges squeaking slightly, light from the hallway filling the room.

A shadow of a man creeped over her bed, she stirred in her sleep, then the light flipped on and Stiles blew the party whistle,"Happy birthday!" He said, making her shoot awake.

She rubbed her eyes,"What?" She slurred.

"C'mon, get up," He said, taking both of her arms and swinging her up,"Eight year old's get up earlier now."

Now that Ally was more awake, she was smiling.

"Alright, already got the waffles cooking, and I'll send cupcakes to your class today. And then we'll do cake and ice cream when we get home, okay?"

"What about presents?" Ally asked, as Stiles gave her a piggyback ride into the kitchen.

"Presents? What presents?" Stiles asked in fake confusion.

"Daddy," Ally said, stretching the word out.

"Alright, fine. There will be presents," Stiles promised,"After cake and ice cream."

"Yes!" Ally said, keeping one arm around Stiles's neck as she pumped her fist with the other,"Can Hope come over again?"

"I'll have to ask her first, but if she says yes, of course she can," Stiles replied.

Stiles set Ally down on the counter, and she helped him make the waffles.

When he dropped her off at school she was immediately greeted by her friends, wishing her a happy birthday.

As soon as he was out of the school parking lot his smile dropped. He always made this day special for Ally of course, and he loved it because it's the day she came into his life. But it was also the day Lydia gave her away.

The first year when it was just him and Ally, he understood why she did it. But year after year, birthday after birthday, he had grown increasingly bitter toward his first love. Eventually to the point where he started to hate her.

She had given up the light that kept Stiles going everyday. Now he was the one raising her, for eight years, alone.

He shook his head, clearing his mind of bitter thoughts. Today he would be happy for Ally, and bitter tomorrow.

Pulling into the house that his crew was now renovating, he paused, looking at the bills stacking up in the glove compartment.

The truck getting pulled out of the water and fixed had put him in a tough position financial wise. Even with Hope taking care of the medical bills from the crash and Ally's allergic reaction, if he didn't pay off the bank soon, he would lose the house in a matter of weeks.

There was one job he had that no one knew about. He'd do it every few months when things got bad. What it made him do...it made him do terrible things, and when he came home, he was more broken each time.

Pulling out his phone, he selected the number, and put the phone to his ear,"What do you got for me?" Stiles asked.

"It's been a while, D, thought you'd never call again after the last one."

"When's the next big one?" Stiles asked, going straight to the point.

"Tomorrow night, at the usual place. Think you can make it?"

"Yeah."

"When I tell them who's coming back...You're gonna make the place crowded, Devil."

"Just set it up," Stiles replied.

Time Skip

Hope agreed to come to the small get together, consisting of Stiles and Ally. Stiles made the cake from scratch, a two tier vanilla cake with chocolate frosting.