Chapter 2

。・『 The man』・。

The bell chimes yet again when a new face entered. He wore all black along with a mask and a cap that covered his eyes. He took his time looking through each section of the shop so I decided to start sketching my new idea of a plushy. I planned on making a giraffe with a cute black hat and bow tie. I was too focused on my sketch to notice the man patiently waiting to pay for his chosen plushy. When I looked up, I noticed his eye colour. A beautiful hazel brown. I took the plush kitten and rang it up.

"Is this for your child?" he shook his head.

"Relative?" Still no.

"Then?" I received no answer.

Maybe he is mute?

He gave me the money, took the bag and left.

Weird

A few weeks passed and I noticed that same man only came once a week. He hasn't bought anything aside from the kitten he bought last time so he's just been browsing lately. Surprisingly he is very nice. He always greets, he waits patiently until I'm done with something and he's very gentle with the animals unlike my other customers. He still hasn't said a word to me, only nods and shake his head. The door opened with the man entering. He looked at me and nodded. I noticed that it's his way of greeting.

He did his usual routine of walking through each section and came to the counter but he had nothing in his hands. I looked at him confused, "Was nothing to your liking?" he shook his head.

"Looking for something specific?" he nods. He motioned with his hand that he needed a pen so I gave him one along with a page. He drew a small hammer with a dark patch on the edge.

"What is that?" I pointed at the patch. He looked around and pointed towards a red heart plushy.

Heart?

Red?

"Blood?" he nodded. Before I could say something, he wrote at the bottom of the page that he wanted to shop early for Halloween before everything is gone.

"That makes sense" I muttered to myself. After asking him about the design, texture and colours for the blooded hammer, he left after I told him when to pick it up.

"But why a bloody hammer?"

Words : 389