Murderer in a Mask

WARNING: brief mentions of disturbing content ahead.

Xie Lian woke up late the next morning with a knock in his door. He had spent most of his night rolling around his bed with his face buried in his pillow as he thought back to the scenarios from the whole day. He could not even remember how he left and reached his room but he could vividly remember what happened before that.

All through out the night, he was bugged by dozen of thoughts and questions in his mind.

As far as he knew, Halloween was supposed to be a day to remember the dead. He had forgotten this holiday already and have not even visited his late parents' graves since he was young. He could vaguely remember that he only last visited his parents' graves before he started his profession as a vampire hunter. As a tradition, he left a single white flower and a candle on top of their graves only to see that there were already a fresh bouquet of five-petal flowers and a lantern. He did not manage to know who and where did those came from until now.

Another thing he knew was that, kids like fancy spooky decorations during Halloween, and so he did. How could he have known that there was something like "Trick or Treat"? And when did something intimate like kissing became a normal tradition during Halloween?!

.

[Author: Dianxia, lemme tell ya..it's really not like that at all...]

And one more thing, he should've expected that Hua Cheng and San Lang was just a clone of the original robust and handsome man he saw last night. However, he did not even notice to himself that he already let his guard down and forgot this possibility.

Xie Lian thought, there must be something wrong with himself.

He had never acted liked this before. He was a professional vampire hunter with lots of experience on dealing with vampires. Although he decided to collude with Hua Cheng, how come he also lost his usual practices, too?

This thoughts swarmed his brain until he fell unconcious and even slept with his maid outfit on.

Xie Lian rubbed his eyes and walked towards the door stumbling.

He yawned before opening the door, "Hua Cheng, San Lang--"

He halted on speaking. His head was casted downwards out of habit expecting to see the twins' face. But when he opened his sleepy eyes, it coincidentally landed on someone's thick thighs. Only then did he sober up a little and raised his head.

"San Lang?"

"Good morning, Gege. Just woke up?"

Xie Lian still found this version of Hua Cheng foreign to him despite seeing him last night. He gazed at him for two seconds before finally noticing that he was carrying a thick pile of newspapers. Seeing that there was some serious matter to tackle, he pulled himself together.

"Mhm. Just woke up. Why don't you come in, San Lang."

Hua Cheng nodded and entered the Xie Lian's room.

Xie Lian was quite nervous for some reason as he saw that Hua Cheng was scanning the room with his eyes. It was fine since Hua Cheng was generous and had given him an elegant and spacious room to stay.