A Vampire's Weakness is their Strength

CONTENT WARNING: violence, and...Hua Cheng suffeing and dianxia crying:(

Upon hearing that, Xie Lian couldn't help but shudder. Lord Masque's familiar deep chilly voice kept on echoing in his mind. It was terrifying. Those simple words, when put together, was too terrifying. He had subconciously gripped the hand he was holding onto as if his life depended on it.

"Lord Casse. Lady Casse." Lord Masque spoke again.

Hearing these names, Xie Lian snapped out of it. He tried his best to painstakingly calm down and greeted back.

Lord Masque stood up and leisurely walked towards their direction."It's been a while. Why haven't you too joined the dinner?"

Xie Lian feigned calmness, "Ah. Pardon us. We came a bit late."

Lord Masque gazed at them scrutinizingly. Soon after, he simply let out a low laugh and did not ask any further.

Hearing him not speak, Xie Lian took the initiative to ask. "Lord Masque, what did you call us for?"

Lord Masque adjusted his mask. "Oh, right. I almost forgot. Please follow me."

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng looked at each other first before nodding.

As they walked, Hua Cheng lowered his head to Xie Lian's ear and said, "Gege,look."

Xie Lian followed his line of sight and it landed on the familiar gift wrap on the food tester's hands. The gift was opened and revealed the content inside.

It was the salted biscuit.

"This passed. Not sweet." Then it was placed to a pile of gifts arranged neatly.

Just then, Lord Masque paused and happened to see them looking at that particular gift. "Is that from you?"

Xie Lian nodded.

Lord Masque extended his hand at which the food tester immediately handed the gift, "Then I'll have it."

He followed up, "It's not sweet isn't it?" He paused and his tone turned quite heavy in each syllable, "Everyone knows I absolutely don't like sweets. Anyone who still dares should be punished."

Xie Lian laughed, "Of course we are aware of that, Lord Masque. Need not to worry. It's salty."

Lord Masque looked down at the box of biscuits. Then, he slightly lifted his mask without revealing his face as he took out a biscuit and ate it.

Xie Lian watched him, amused. He did not think it would really be this easy.

"It's tasty." Lord Masque complimented and ate the biscuits one after another. Finally, the biscuit box was empty.

Lord Masque handed back the emptied biscuit box. "Done. I'm full. Let's go Lord Casse, Lady Casse.

He then lifted the red curtain behind the chair, revealing another large room hidden.

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng silently followed suit.

Xie Lian remained calm on the surface yet his heart was already beating wildly as though it was about to come out of his chest at any moment. He scanned his surrounding once again and suddenly realized that something was amiss.