Chapter 19: "John Han"

Takara

I think I'm dreaming.

I'm definitely dreaming because I am somewhere in the past to when I first bumped into John Han.

The hallway is clear, my memory is full of all the nervousness a girl can carry at a new school. The floor is super shiny and white. Sunlight bounces off the walls making the school look like a castle, but I know it is a place where I will be given homework, science fair projects, and hopefully meet new, kind friends.

I have my Shounen-inspired bookbag on wheels. Something with Naruto and his friends everywhere bouncing around, a nine-tailed demon with a gold heart. It is a bag on wheels and I drag it behind me.

My throat is dry.

Super dry.

I hate that this is a strong memory.

A dream would probably end better.

I rush over to the water fountain, but as soon as I am a foot from it, tall John Han and his fresh scent invade my senses. He has on worn, faded indigo jeans and a black shirt. His hair is wet and I don't even see his face, but I stop in my tracks because something about his presence is commanding.

My heart skipped a beat as I just stood there staring. Watching while he drinks the water.

For the first time, I do care about my hair. My shape. My skin. Everything.

His hair fell over his face, shrouding him and suddenly, I saw a small group of girls crowd around him.

When he lifts his head, I thought 'Here's my chance to see his face'

When I did, it was all over for me.

This is very shallow of me, as looks aren't everything, but John Han's face was carved by the good Lord Himself.

I was hoping the crowd would disperse so I could get my drink of water, but as soon as I took a step forward, some skinny girl with the brightest green eyes pushes her hand out in front of me. "Ain't no one touching Sir John!"

"Come again?" Sir John? Is she for real?

I ball up my fist. She had one time to touch me, and I would put her lights out.

"I'll say it again, Beaver Teeth. Stay. Away. From John!"

That's when John came over and draped his arm about the Green-Eyed Ice Queen.

Mira stood off to the side, nearest John. Arms crossed over her tiny breasts.

I gave my worst Wednesday Addams smile and said, "Don't get mad because someone stole half your body, baby."

Before Ms. Green eyes could storm over to me, John whispered something in her ear. His hand resting on her hip.

His piercing, black eyes looked at me while he waved me off. "You let THAT thing ruin your day, Sheraton? C'mon." He smirks.

"You ain't right!" Said one of the slightly curvier girls with cinnamon skin. "You called her a THAT?!" She giggled behind her hands while I just stood there. Imaginary steam poured out my ears.

John walked away confidently with his arms wrapped about both girls.

***

My first class was P.E.

All of them except two had P.E. with me as well.

I watched as the girls sat along the wall and did nothing. Complaining to Mr. Bell that their chests hurt or they have doctor's notes to not participate.