Chapter 94 - Investigation Pt. 4

Start from the beginning

She did not want to think of his words as something insulting, because he was merely saying the truth anyway.

"Is that all?" Elric pressed on.

Nadia nodded.

"Yes. I do not wish for you to harm her. I only need the most complete details about her."

"Very well," Elric uttered as he fixed his eyeglasses.

"Her name is Estelle Forester." Nadia added.

Just as the mood was getting better, Shun then ruined it for being a first class jerk. He voiced his frustration out from being reprimanded by a woman, and started bickering.

"Wait a minute. Why would we do this kind of work? Even a guard, if given enough money, would do the work for you! Our guild is not meant for puny tasks!" He pointed out.

"That is right. Contacting a mercenary guild to only gather information is quite the stretch. Do you even know how much our fees are?"

Seis who has been in the business for a long time, seconded. There wasn't a time, even when they were just starting, that they ever accepted easy tasks like that. They focused more on the hard labor, like guarding, or killing a target.

Oli was just silent at the side, he's the youngest out of all of them, and the newest too. So he was still not used to any of it. Moreover, he had felt this brooding aura from the woman since earlier.

He knew that she's pissed off, and he had seen a lot of pissed off women, and what they could do. It's scary. Hence, why he was shutting his mouth.

Nadia removed the pouch which was tied from her waist and tossed it towards them. Oli caught it on one hand, seemingly amazed by how heavy it was and curiously looked inside. It was full of gold coins.

'Woah! This is a lot!'

Seis looked at it too, as he was sitting beside Oli and got tongue tied.

"Is that enough? Or do you want me to double it?" Nadia announced haughtily.

"D-double..." Oli muttered.

She leveled her gazes amongst all the faces.

"I don't care who among you will do it. I just want it done no more than a week," her ruby lips then stretched into a cunning smile and caught the eyes of everyone looking at her-- "That's already enough time for you, right? Given how awesome this guild of yours is."

She had clearly said that in a form of mockery but the others were too stunned to speak.

They were smitten, if not for her pretty face, but from her boldness.

"If any of you gave me some half-assed report..." Her demeanor then turned darker-- "I will hunt you down," she warned. Her eyes glinting coldly like the edge of a sword.

"Let's go Uno," and started to leave the premises. The former then tailed after her without uttering a single word.

Elric woke up from being stupefied and cleared his throat.

"Let me send you off."

Nadia's pale red eyes went to him, stopping him from further closing in.

"No need," and left afterward.

There was a short pause from the room. They were all gazing at the place where the woman had disappeared to. In any case, what they were feeling right now, shock would be an understatement.

"D-damn..." Roy and Oli whispered at the same time.

Shun who was just aggressive a while ago had turned 180.

"She's... hot-- ow!"

"Idiot!" Seis exclaimed after hitting him in the head.

"Hey you, Shun! What the hell was that earlier? Do you want master to roast your ass?" Roy remarked.

The latter rubbed the part of his head that was hit.

"Tsk. I didn't mean it," he uttered and averted his eyes to the wall.

"Of course you don't. You tend to show off in front of women after all. This is why you are single," Elric pointed out, hitting him where it hurts the most.

Roy then scratched his cheeks as he peered at the hallway again.

"But you guys. Don't you think she's kind of familiar?" He inquired.

This has been bugging him since earlier. As soon as he saw her face back at the textile room, it definitely struck him in the gut. He is certain that he had seen her before, but he had no idea where and when.

"What are you saying Roy? Got hooked by her pretty face too?" Seis snickered.

"I feel like I've seen her face somewhere," Roy answered, totally ignoring whatever Seis had said.

Eve just glanced at the rambling idiots and continued scribbling on her notebook. She knows that face as well. After all, she drew it before for a report. Yvan had requested it from her.

'Such a coincidence...'

She did not anticipate that she would ever see her there at their place. Moreover, she was also surprised as to how she had acted. Most of the noblewomen she knows, all act bratty and spoiled, especially from a high-ranked house like hers.

Just like Roy, she was surprised upon seeing her there. It wasn't that long ago when she had painted her face, which was why she immediately recognized her.

'And she's already infamous in the social circle as well. Everything she does would be a topic amongst nobles...'

"Master is coming today, you all better behave." Elric announced.

"Oh? Master will? Did not see him for ages..." Shun perked up.

Roy patted him on the back, hard enough to hear the slap echoed around the room.

"That's why you better behave Shun! Elric will probably tell what you did to him later."

"Wha--"

Meanwhile, the group of Nadia were passing by the narrow hallway for the second time that day. There were three other cloaked figures who were going the opposite way, but Nadia was too sour in a mood to even look at them nor spare them a glance.

As soon as they were out of sight, one of the cloaked figures craned his neck backward to take a look again.

'Isn't that...'

"Master..." Yvan muttered and looked at Lukas.

Looks like he was not the only one who noticed the woman, because when he turned to look at him, he was also staring at her retreating figure.

Lukas's electric purple eyes followed Nadia diligently.

"Hmm..."