Pretty Girl Who Cares The Most

Start from the beginning

Hailee opened her eyes, seeing y/n sitting down on the floor, back pressed to the sofa behind her. Hailee who was laying on the couch was able to peak at what the girl in front of her was doing. Reading like always. She didn't know when she or how she fell asleep, but knew that all of the demons and nightmares had been banished back to where they came from and there was nothing to be afraid of.

It sadly reminded hailee of the many times when she ran away from home. When her dad was always 'working' and her mom high. Or the many nights she would hear her parents arguing during their drunken episodes. She remembered y/n being the one that helped her run away. Gave her the spare key to her house and told her whenever she was scared or needed to get away run back to her. Back then, no matter how shitty everything was, y/n would always tell her it that everything would be okay. How she desperately wanted to hear those words now, more then ever.

Y/n sighed turning the page of the book. She rubbed her hands over her face, trying to wipe away the tiredness from her eyes. She felt hailee wrap and arm around her neck, pulling her back until she felt her soft warm lips on her jawline.

"Whats wrong?" y/n asked, voice soft not knowing the appropriate volume. "I thought you were sleeping?"

"Why arent you?" hailee asked. Y/n turned her head placing a single kiss on hailee's lips before crawling towards the fireplace and took the poker. She knelt before it like a supplicant and began prodding the wood lightly-not out of any real need for more heat as much as for something to do.

"I can't sleep" Moodily, she felt like wisps of thoughts trying to sneak into her consciousness. Irritating ones. Ones she had dismissed long ago.

"How come?"

Because if I go to sleep I might not wake up. Because im scared that if I somehow do wake up everything that has happened would be a dream. You not really being here with me.

And there were the thoughts she hated the most. Haunting her each and every night.

"It takes a while for me to fall asleep these days" Y/n said, sitting back down. Her back still turned towards the younger girl. Y/n didn't seem to be able to stay still for very long. She went over and lifted hailee's legs up so she could have a seat, then place her legs on her lap. But still, it didn't help y/n from keeping her bouncing leg still. Hailee knew, y/n was anxious.

Hailee sat up straight, resting her back on the arm rest. Y/n scooted closer, making Hailee swallow thickly. If y/n scooted just a little more, Hailee would be sitting on the older girls lap. Hailee has been in this position before, knowing exactly what y/n wanted in that moment.

"Go to sleep love, I'll be here when you wake up." Hailee whispered, gently placing her hand on y/n's head and pulling her down until she felt y/n resting on her chest. Hailee was glad the couch was big enough for the two of them to lay down together.

Y/n didn't say anything, wrapping her arm around the younger girl. Rubbing her thumb across Hailee's abdomen. She felt hailee softly planting kissing on top of her head. Before sleep finally consumed her.

_____________________________

Becky got out of her car, looking around her as the night darkened most of the area. The lights shinned brightly over the building she was told to go to when she was available. In all honesty, becky just wanted to go home and prepare her outfit choices for the events on Saturday. She was finally excited to attended something so important to her with the one she loved most of all. It did tug on her heart strings a bit, using blackmail as a mean to get to her, but becky was desperate.

She walked in looking around the lobby, wondering where they were. She wanted to ask the staff, but the one thing she didnt want was the media to get wind of the one she was set to meet. Last thing she wanted was her plan to be ruin because of gossip and misunderstanding.