Chapter 18 - Fueled With Rage

Start from the beginning

"Name." Was Nathan's response.

It got silent again. Nathan was really looking annoyed now because they weren't talking for the nth fvcking time.

"It is fine now—"

"Names." He cut off Eon's words which made the latter closed his mouth shut in an instant.

Ezekiel sighed and tried to calm Nathan down. He was looking like he's about to fly off the roof and hunt down those people.

"You can ask Nadia about that," He says just to appease him and removed the burdens from the three's shoulders.

'He could just bug Nadia for their names, I mean they're close now anyway. And Nadia might stop him from doing something bad. If and only if, Nadia would stop him, that is. Maybe she also wants to retaliate who knows...'

Nathan's brows furrowed but didn't say anything. Then he opened his mouth but got cut off.

"Right. We didn't know their names anyway." Conrad seconded. He had sensed that Nathan was about to object so he immediately tried to butt in.

Eon nods in affirmation, feeling glad to be finally rid of the problem.

"Maybe she would ask you to avenge her as well!"

Conrad looked at Eon with disproving eyes, rolling heavenwards for his idiocy.

'This stupid guy.'

"What?" He whispered back, seeming confused.

"Idiot." Luther mumbles which made Eon question himself.

'What did I do wrong? They are so mean.'

"Well, you just have to ask her." Ezekiel seconded, "-and don't listen to Eon."

He added the last sentence because Nathan looked like he was rearing to go and interrogate Nadia now.

Nathaniel's eyes narrowed at him.

"Hmph."

"And you still have to help us with something," Ezekiel mentioned and flashed his infamous smile.

"..."

--------

Throughout the day, the people in the council noticed Nathan's distress. There are times he would abruptly stand up and go to the window to gaze aimlessly outside, looking deep in thought. Then he would sit down again but frowns and would adjust his position. He would stare at the space for a while with furrowed brows but do nothing.

Though mildly entertaining, it was also disrupting their work because they kept being sidetracked.

'He seriously wants to ask her now huh?' Ezekiel thought as he watched him being restless.

It was distracting and weird to the eyes. Nathan was never restless. All the time, he just looked indifferent and act like doesn't care and give zero fvcks but now, he's completely the opposite.

"Is this really the Nathan I came to know?" Conrad mumbles as he watched the guy being on edge.

The three other guys heard him and are silently agreeing with him.

"Why isn't he storming off then if he really wanted to know what happens to Nadia that much," Luther questioned and glanced at Nathan.

"Because of work." Eon answers.

"He isn't helping though," Conrad remarked which made all of them shut their mouths.

The whole day came to an end and it's already time for everyone to go home. Nathaniel who was silent all through the day suddenly stood up and stormed off the room, leaving everyone speechless at his expense.