Chapter 13 - Something Fishy

Start from the beginning

"My sister, who else." He said this like it's a matter of fact.

"What?" The three guys cried out.

Ezekiel watched Nathan as he suddenly went to a nearby flower bed. He watched him intently as he gazed at the flowers for a while before plucking one bud.

"What is he doing?" Luther whispers.

Ezekiel doesn't know what to think. He just finds it weird because Nathan, for all this time, hated Nadia. So why is he plucking flowers now? Why is he being so fussy for not bringing a gift? Why is he going to the event?

It doesn't make sense.

Nathan returned to them and started walking again. They all trailed beside him, looking really bewildered.

"... That's for your sister?" Conrad asks.

"It's not a rose, but she likes red so this is fine. I guess..." Nathan answered and frowned again. He really looked troubled for giving something that isn't a rose.

Eon, Conrad, and Luther gawked at him, but he ignored them. Ezekiel was still smiling but is also baffled deep inside.

This doesn't make sense...

They had arrived at the spacious backyard where the social event is being held. The students there caught sight of them and began buzzing in excitement.

"Ah, I didn't bring anything for my sister too," Eon whispered.

They made their way through the crowd who greeted them and they smile in return. The four of them were just following wherever Nathan would go. Getting curious about what is about to happen.

Scanning the crowd, Nathaniel's eyes caught sight of something silvery-white amongst the sea of people and strode in that direction.

He is sure it was her because no one has the same silky hair which seems like made from strands of moonlight as she had.

Nadia noticed that the students were looking transfixed behind her so she got curious and turned around. There she saw Nathan, and the other four guys, marching on her way.

"Brother?" Gwen whispers at her side.

The four of them reached their position and she looked up at her brother with inquiring eyes.

"Why are you here?"

Ezekiel looked at Nadia, and back to Nathan, trying to solve the mystery. He didn't understand what is happening, so he remained watching.

"This," Nathan uttered and held out his hand which is holding a flower.

Nadia looked at it then accepted it, a smile peeking at her lips.

"For me?"

Nathan glanced sideways, avoiding her inquiring eyes as if getting shy. The four people who saw that gawked even more. Their jaw looks like it's going to hit the ground.

"I don't have anything with me." He mumbled, looking angry at himself.

'Who is this?! Who is this man?! This is not Nathan!' Were the four guys' thoughts.

Nadia blinked once, then looked at the flower in her hand, and beamed at him.

"Thank you~"

'Isn't he sweet? He's so cute as well!' Nadia thought as she fought real hard to stop herself from giggling.

Nathan stared at her smiling face and murmured.

"Yeah..."

Gwen, who was watching at the sides, finds the scene absurd.