Chapter 12 - Set Things Straight

Start from the beginning

The carriage stopped and I looked out to see what the Academy looked like. There was a stream of people going inside, ranging from fourteen to eighteen years old, all from the nobility.

Nathaniel climbed out first and held a hand out for me. I grinned at him and took his hand then finally got down from the carriage.

A lot of things happened during this whole month which made my relationship with him and my father, got better.

First and foremost, I stuck to him like glue for the entirety of it, bothering him all the time. As time goes on, I just noticed that we were talking casually now and that our conversations are getting spontaneous.

That means I succeeded, right?

"I have an assembly today," I mentioned as we walked inside the big gates together.

"I know." He answered.

I looked around, trying to see a familiar face among the crowd.

Where could she be?

"I'll see you later," Nathan uttered, looking down at me.

"Hmm? Okay!" I beamed.

He stares at me for a bit more before finally walking away. I watched him leave for a while and proceeded to go inside the supposed assembly hall.

"Nadia!" Someone yells from my right.

Of course, that someone would be Gwen.

"Good Afternoon," I greeted her as she got near.

"Good Afternoon!" She replied.

We exchanged some pleasantries as we entered the hall and finds a seat.

I had also been keeping in touch with her during this whole time and had gone to her house, at least once while she had visited me, thrice. So I could confidently say that we are best friends now.

The assembly was long and boring. Good thing I was with Gwen the whole time so every time that I think I would nod off, I would talk to her for a bit. I have manners so I still listen.

"We have the same classes!" She exclaims, looking really excited.

"That's great because I honestly don't know these people," I responded and smiled in relief.

I know that I had said I want to meet new people but it's still scary, okay!

"There's a get-together for new students right? Let's go there now!" She says.

After the assembly, the Academy set up an event for freshmen so they could socialize with each other. It's a good time for meeting new people and possibly gain connections.

The backyard was filled with young faces. Some of them were already chatting with the others, while some remained at the sides looking really shy to go and greet others.

"Wow, it's crowded in here," Gwen murmured at my side and I nod in agreement.

It really is...

"Good Afternoon, Miss Nadia!" A voice suddenly greeted.

I looked at whoever it was and saw two girls, smiling at me.

I tried to wrack my brain to think of who might they be and got nothing. I don't know them at all.

Just then, I recalled what Erin had told me. This body's Nadia has met people before. She had attended every single tea party she got invited to and these two might be one of those she had gotten to know. They might be friends already, who knows!