Chapter 19: Rhodes Island, For the First Time

Start from the beginning

I assume they're mailboxes for individual rooms.

...

No noise is made while the doors open.

And we're met with something very reminiscent.

A sort of homey feel. A TV with a gaming console in the far corners. Couches and unnecessary bookshelves everywhere. They even have a small little kitchen in the corner.

...

This is literally just the default look of our safehouses.

...

"Do ya' guys like it!" Croissant says plowing in first, "I gave 'em a couple photos of our safehouses for reference. They matched it pretty well!"

We all stare at her in confusion for a second, until smiles break out across our faces.

"It's wonderful Croissant." I say, walking in, "This makes our job a lot easier, you know, we've never been good at decoration."

Croissant gives a glowing smile before galloping around the room.

"I call this room!" She says, stopping in front of a door labeled PL1.

Two other doors are present next to it, labeled PL2 and PL3 respectively.

...

"We only have three rooms, huh?" Texas says, "We have six people not counting Mostimia's follower, so that's two per room."

"Well, I'm going to be with Sora/Az!" We say at the same time.

Everyone stares at us.

...

"Yeah, yeah, I don't think anyone was going to mess with the couple." Mostima says, "Though if I had to choose, my partner would be Exusiai."

Exusiai nods vigorously before moving over to Mostima's luggage.

"So that leaves me with Croissant then." Texas says hauling her luggage over to the room Croissant called, "We can all unpack and then meet up in about an hour or so."

We all nod our heads before heading into the rooms we're closest to.

Sora and I get PL2, the middle one.

Stepping inside, it's a surprisingly decent amount of space. About enough to fit a piano between the beds.

Speaking of the beds, they're on opposite sides of each other, definitely made for one-person use. A small nightstand is present beside both of them.

A closet is present next to the door, and the restroom is on the opposite wall.

Storage can be found above the beds, where a couple of little shelves are placed. The beds themselves also have decently-sized drawers under them.

The walls are painted a lush light brown, giving it a nice, calm feeling. Two small windows are present on the back side of the beds, though they're both closed right now.

I don't think the view would be that great anyways.

"This is so much better than what I was expecting!" Sora says, taking in the sight, "Even the bathroom is decently big compared to our average safehouse!"

"Is it good enough to last the next four years?" I ask, opening my suitcases on my bed.

Sora laughs at the question, "Darling, anything would be good enough if I can spend it with you."

...Darling?

...Ah... Of course.

"Good to hear, darling." I say back.