Chapter 10

"Mom, hurry." Ricky said as his mother uncuffed him and then herself, passing the keys to Craig.

Craig uncuffed himself and was about to hand you the keys when Ricky yelled.

"MOM!" Ricky yelled when he saw Deason up and pointing his gun at him.

"No." Jessica cried out and covered her son with her body.

Suddenly, the window was shattered and you saw someone banging Deason's head on the steering wheel and then he was pulled out of the van.

The van moved with the force when Ryan hit him again and again. Ryan took the door in his hands and banged it on his head, knocking him out.

Jessica and her family got out of the van as you heard them talking to Ryan. "Where's Y/N?" You heard Ryan and you called out for him through the gag.

"Y/N." Ryan said and soon came in your view, "Oh God. You okay?" He asked as he took the keys lying on the ground and got the cuffs off and then slowly removed the gag. He held out his hand and helped you out of the van.

"Ryan." You sighed and hugged him close. You let the tears fall freely as Ryan held you tight to his body.

"Shh, it's okay. It's alright, baby. It's over." Ryan said, his hand running through your hair to sooth you. "You okay, right?"

"I-I'm fine." You said and pulled away. "A-Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Ryan said.

"Then why are you standing on one leg?" You asked.

"Just a bullet." Ryan said, "I'm fine."

"A bullet, Ryan?! You said you're okay." You said.

"Hey, hey. It's fine." Ryan pulled you closer. "What about you?" He asked, his fingers lightly touching the cut on your head.

"It's fine. They knocked me out when I didn't tell them where you were." You said.

"Oh God." Ryan sighed, "Let's go. The police will be here soon. We should go." He said. You nodded and hugged him again. Your grip tight on his shirt. Ryan could tell you were still scared, "It's fine, baby. You're safe now."

"Will you stay with me?" You asked.

"Of course." Ryan said and kissed your hair. "I won't leave you."

"Okay." You said and finally pulled away from him.

"Let's go." Ryan said and looked behind you, seeing Jessica standing with her husband and son.

"Are you guys okay?" You asked.

"Yeah. We're fine." Jessica said, "Thank you for helping us."

"It's nothing. Let's go." Ryan said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Bob. Thank God. Will you back me up here?" Tanner said, spotting Mooney at the ambulance. "I'm getting set up, man. I-"

"Hey, sorry to interrupt. Have you guys seen these new phone? They're amazing. They've got technology. And features like-" Ryan said but you finished his sentence.

"Video recording." You said and gave the phone to Officer Mooney.

"Moon, don't listen to this punk." Tanner said to him as Mooney looked at the footage Ryan recorded.

"They destroyed the original recording but not till after I copied it into my phone." Ryan said and looked at Tanner. "It's footage of this officer and his men robbing and murdering two drug dealers in an alley."

"This is bullshit." Tanner exclaimed.

"All criminals say that." You said.

"Jack, did I ever tell you how much I hate dirty cops?" Mooney said.

"I think those chemicals from your beauty parlour are getting to your brain, Moon." Tanner said.

"It's a day spa. You fuck." Mooney said, showing him the video in Ryan's phone. "Get him out of here." He said to the officer and Tanner was dragged away.

"Hey, you okay?" Chloe asked as she came up to you.

"Yeah." You smiled as the medic looked at your wound after Ryan. He was given more attention as his wound was serious. His wound was cleaned but would need stitches. It was wrapped in gauze and Ryan was sitting next to you. "Thanks for asking."

"And you, Ryan?" She asked.

Ryan looked up from his wound, "Yeah. I'm good." He said, "I had good help."

"I wasn't there when you needed help." You said.

"No. But if it wasn't for you. They wouldn't be here." Ryan nodded his head at the Martins.

"It wasn't just me." You said. "Hey, go talk." You said to him as Jessica came near.

Ryan sighed, "You'll be okay?" He asked. Ryan had stayed by your side just like you asked him too.

"Yeah. Go." You smiled at him.

"Okay then." He leaned forward and kissed you and then went to talk to Jessica.

"There. Done." The medic said.

"Thanks." You said to him and stood up.

"You were right." Chloe said, looking at Ryan. "He really has changed."

"Yeah. He has." You said.

"If this wasn't the situation I'd have almost killed you guys for not getting those t- shirts." She joked.

"Yeah. But Ryan didn't need to prove himself to you." You said. "After all, you broke up with him."

"Guess I was wrong." She said. "You're lucky to have him."

"That I am." You said.

"Maybe we can try and be friends?" Chloe said, extending her hand.

"Yeah. Let's try." You said, shaking her hand. "I'm gonna go talk to them."

"Sure." She said, "We'll meet up soon. Bye." Chloe said and went to her friends.

You looked at Ryan, seeing Jessica going back to her family, "Hey." You said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You made a good impression on her." You said as he turned around.

"And you?" Ryan asked.

"I think you already have." You said, looking at him lovingly. Ryan leaned closer and bent down a little. His lips were about to touch yours when his phone rang again.

Ryan pulled back and looked at you with a playful smile, "No." You giggled. You smiled as he leaned back in and kissed you softly.

"What if it's for you?" Ryan asked.

"I don't care." You mumbled against his lips. You put your arms around his neck and pulled him in for another kiss. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." He said, "Wanna go home?" He asked.

"I would love to, but you need to get stitches on that leg of yours." You said.

Ryan groaned, "Yeah. Hospital and then home."

"With Chinese and a good movie." You said.

"Anything you want, love."