********

Third Person POV [Edited]

Above ground, StarCourt mall was bustling with life while below them 4 teenagers and a child walked through the tunnels of a secret Russian base.

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive." Dustin
spoke as they walked.

"What are you talking about?" Steve asked. "It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners." Erica rolled her eyes.

"To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking." Robin said. "Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo."

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery." Dustin added.

"Yeah, and then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser."

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison." Dustin told him. "It's gotta be much more valuable like promethium or something."

"What the hell is promethium?"

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components." Robin spoke up.

"You're all so nerdy it makes me physically ill." Erica held her stomach like she was going to throw up.

"No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them." Steve told her. "I'm not a nerd, all right?"

"Why so sensitive Harrington?" Robin asked. "Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year old child?"

"No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus."

"Promethium." Dustin corrected. "Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something." Robin added. "What do you think Dakota?" She asked looking to her left before realizing the redhead wasn't right beside her.

While they were talking, the girl had fallen behind lost in her own thoughts about what was happening in her world. Questioning what she had experienced and wondering if it was real. And if so, had her sister done all that? Is the Scarlet Witch Wanda or were they talking about something else? Like did a spirit take over her body or something?

"Dakota?" Robin snapped her out of her thoughts and she looked up at them.

"I'm sorry what?" The girl asked.

"Hey, you okay?" Steve asked and she nodded.

"Fine." She sent him a not so convincing smile and he wanted to ask more but was afraid if he'd push he'd make her angry or something so he just nodded and kept on walking.

They kept on talking until Robin mentioned something that made the two boys fall back, behind Dakota, as they talked about the possibility of the Russians knowing about the gate to the Upside Down.

"I'm sorry, is there something you three would like to share with the class?" Robin turned around and Dakota pointed to herself in confusion.

"Me? I'm not even with them!"

"Yeah but you obviously have something on your mind and they do too." She pointed out.

Before anyone could say anything else, the walkie talkie they had put in Erica's backpack came to life. "Walkie." Dustin and Steve ran to Erica as she took the bag off her shoulders and handed them the device.