Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty-Six
__________

__________"Where do you think you're going?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrow as Tally stepped out of the trailer

__________
"Where do you think you're going?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrow as Tally stepped out of the trailer.

"With you," Tally said firmly.

"Tally, your a murder suspect," Nancy sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Not to the general public," he said, whirling around to face her. He'd been cooped up in the vehicle for hours. He needed to stretch his legs, at the very least. "So, unless Officer Callahan is in there, I'm fine."

Steve glanced at Nancy, then Robin, then Erica.

"If you say no I'm still going to follow you," Tally remarked, just to manage expectations.

"Oh my God," Steve groaned, "fine, let's go."

Tally let a triumphant smile onto his face as he marched after the others happily as the walked inside of the building.

War Zone smelt strange. Like wet dog, mold, and something rancid.

People were swarming the building. Some of them from Hawkins, some of them Tally didn't recognize.

He felt his stomach tighten. Too many people and too many weapons.

"You can go back if you want," Nancy said quietly, leaning close enough that Tally could feel her breath on his neck. It made him shiver.

He shook his head, determination making his bones rigid. "No."

Nancy nodded, hooking her arm around Tally's. He noticed the way she trembled slightly as they walked. It seemed like everyone was a little on edge. Or a lot on edge.

She murmured something about having to go to the front counter, though it took her a moment to actually let go of Tally.

After Nancy was gone, he quickly moved to follow Erica. He didn't know her very well, but she was kind of scary, and he figured that would be useful if something bad were to happen.

"Crowded, huh?" he said to her, voice quiet and soft.

"Everyone's scared," she replied at the same volume.

Tally supposed that was true. He just didn't like that everyone's first response to fear was buying a gun.

Erica suddenly breathed in sharply, her jaw dropping.