Chapter Seven

《Chapter Seven
__________

《Chapter Seven》__________

__________

"I don't know!" Tally cried out, pressing his
forehead into the table of the interrogation room.

Officer Callahan sighed. "Just take a deep breath, Tally. Can you walk me through what happened that night? One more time and then you can leave, I promise."

Tally rapped his knuckles against the table, and sat up straight.

"I got into a fight with my friend, got out of his car. I was in the woods for a while, and then I went back to the road—" Tally began to say before he was quickly interrupted.

"Why did you go back to the road?" Callahan asked, scribbling something down in his notebook.

Tally let his eyes dart around the room. His gaze landed on the two-way mirror mounted on the wall. It freaked him out, knowing that someone was watching him from behind it.

"I don't know," he finally stated, which was half-true.

Callahan frowned so deeply it put creases in his face. "Okay. What happened after you went back to the road?"

Tally bit his lower lip. Callahan didn't believe him, he could tell. Every time he talked about the way he saw the boy—Fred—floating above the ground, Callahan's face twisted with doubt.

"I saw him," Tally whispered quietly.

"Fred?" Callahan clarified, writing something else in the notebook sitting in front of him.

Tally nodded. "His... his bones started... cracking. It was horrible."

"And that's why you looked away?" Callahan raised an eyebrow.

Tally nodded again.

Callahan closed his notebook and put down his pen. "I'm going to be honest with you, Tally. This... this story that you're telling me, it's not going to hold up in court."

"Court?" Tally echoed, feeling his stomach drop.

"Woah, woah, I'm not saying you're going to court, Tally," Callahan assured, though his words didn't do much to help Tally's anxiety. "There's nothing more than a bit of suspicion around here, okay? That's two coincidences involving you."

Tally shook his head, running his hand through his hair. He knew people were suspicious of him, but he'd never thought that he'd be accused of anything.

"Tally please, just tell me what really happened and I can help you," Callahan said, nudging Tally's forearm.

Tally let out a small sob. "I don't know," he whispered, tugging on his dark brown hair. "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know."

Callahan nodded sympathetically. "Alright, you're free to go."

Tally felt a tear roll down his cheek as he stood up. He spent an awkward ten seconds fiddling with the interrogation room's door handle for ten seconds until he finally managed to open it.

He could feel every pair of eyes in the station on him as he walked towards the exit, knees shaking so much that walking was difficult.

When he got out of the building, the sun almost blinded him. It was ironically bright considering that Tally definitely felt very dark inside.

Every time he closed his eyes he could see Fred. It made him want to vomit. He leaned against the cold brick wall of the station, desperately trying to ground himself. His head ached horribly.

His body was so sore from the lack of sleep he'd been getting over the past few days, that he felt as though he was ready to collapse at any given moment.

It just didn't make sense. Chrissy supposedly being killed by Eddie Munson, someone with no motive. Then Fred dying like he was... like he was cursed or something.

Everything was spirally out of control, all at once. Like some horrible end-of-the-world catastrophe had been triggered.

Something incredibly wrong was going on in Hawkins, and Tally was going to find out what.

Even if it killed him.

__________