Chapter 37 - Never Be The Same Again

Start from the beginning

“Whatever.” I scoffed and laid back down on the bed, closing my eyes and ending the argument. I was just happy he wasn’t sending me away again and he was just happy to have me back and there was a lot of unasked and unresolved questions but for the time being we were both okay with that.

**

Taking another long slow sip as I still waited; I knew he better say something quick before my patience wears thin and I snap his head off for hitting me like that. I don’t care how worried or whatever he was, he had no right to bitch slap me.

Dougy glared at me briefly and looked away again, taking a slow long sip out of his beer and this is how it has been for the past fifteen minutes now. His face is still bruised from Baden hitting into him but Baden’s face was still bruised from Dougy as well, though I have to say Dougy looks worst.

“Bloody hell you two! You’re not kids anymore!” Phil finally shouted, throwing his hands up in the air from frustration as he looked from one to the other and back again, “Dougy, just fucking apologise! It was a low blow and we all know it!” he snapped and Dougy glared at him but still said nothing.

Phil looked over at me now, “Lee, you know you fucked up by taking off like that, so accept his apology.” He spoke in a calmer tone to me which Dougy scoffed at rudely.

Everyone turned to see what his problem now was but he was glaring at me again before slowly turning to glare at Phil, I rolled my eyes when he wasn’t looking, he has always been stubborn with apologies even if he knows he was in the wrong and this is how they always went down, Phil being the mediator.

“Stop bloody babying her, the whole lot of you do it and its pathetic! What she wants – she gets, hell, she can even take off and all you do is tell her off in a calm voice not to do it again-.”

“Baden has already blasted me for that.” I pointed out in a calm tone while cutting him off.

His head snapped in my direction with an angry look, “Oh yeah, I can just imagine that!” he snapped sarcastically, “I bet he didn’t even make you cry, I bet you don’t even feel guilty about doing it and I defiantly am willing to put money on the fact you would do it again if the situation rose.” he growled and I looked away.

As much as Baden is the love of my life, he doesn’t know me like my brother does or Phil by the look on his face. They both know I don’t feel guilty about it and I don’t see why I should. They sent me away, it’s not like I purposely packed my bags and just took off for no good reason. In fact I actually came back but Baden won’t see it like that, none of them will.

“Leila?” Baden questioned in a demanding tone and I looked up at him with my blank face I have perfected over years of practice, “Would you do it again?” he sounded angry.

“No.” I scoffed, “Of course not.” I had my fingers crossed over but my arm was hiding it, I didn’t like lying but we can’t be fighting with each other at a time like this.

He nodded slowly and accepted my answer which only ticked Dougy off more as he stood to his feet, knocking the chair over onto the floor as he slammed his fists down on the table, shaking the beer bottles and glass cups sitting on it then he pointed an accusing finger at Baden, “See! That right there is what I'm talking about! She just lied through her teeth but you just accept it!” he bellowed.

“Dougy calm the hell down!” Phil snapped at him, sending him daggers.

Dougy glared at him, “You know she lied, you can tell as well but you also weren’t going to bust her out on it.” He growled.