The waiter in charge served them all, and as he tipped the wine bottle to refill Katherine's glass, his hand wobbled a little, making the drink almost spill on Katherine.

Damien was too busy to notice but the cutting glare Katherine gave the waiter who quickly apologized, was not lost on Mrs Ramon and suddenly, as if she had just remembered something, the old lady said, "This reminds me of the last time we met..." She began, her comment directed at Katherine, "What ever happened to that waitress? The one who spilled drinks on you."

Damien instantly froze, surprise coating his features as he stared at Mrs Ramon without a word, and just immediately she faced him questioningly.

He wanted to brush it off quickly, and continue his chat with Mr Ramon, but he couldn't possibly ignore the man's wife in front of him. He wondered why she was thinking about it, or even asking him about that.

The last thing he needed right now was to remember Madison, and this woman was sorely reminding him of that.

He cleared his throat, "I think I remember who you mean. What about her?" He asked, hoping he sounded believable enough, as he cleared his throat suddenly thinking Madison. What about her though?

"You tell me." Mrs Ramon continued, "When I was in Italy a few weeks ago, there were so many tabloids about you and her. I saw one which said she was working at your club? Rumor says you kicked her out or you fought. Something like that, is it true?"

Damien felt his chest begin to tighten. How did she know about all of this? And why did she seem to even care so much?

He could already see Mr Ramon glancing at him as if he was waiting for him to answer, and Damien struggled for something to say, but his head was blank.

"Oh, Mr Damien, You really have nothing to say?" Mrs Ramon chimed in again breaking the uncomfortable silence as she continued, "I doubt you would make a good business partner if you really treat women like this though." She finished, laughing a little as she wiped the corner of her lips with a napkin.

Damien clenched his fists under the table, as his brain was still racking up what to say. He knew that Mrs Ramon had meant what she said as a joke, but what if that statement somehow got to her husband? It would be the end of him, and Damien could not afford to lose this business deal over this.

He just couldn't. But again what could he do? He felt Katherine place a hand on his thigh, giving it a light squeeze as she tried to comfort him, but now her touch only irritated him.

Damien saw that Mr Ramon was not saying anything, only watching the whole scenario and he began to wonder if his reputation was not already ruined in this old man's eyes.

"Mrs Ramon, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding... if it seemed like I'm the kind of person to mistreat women. I assure you there is nothing of that sort." He said, but she in turn kept him mute for a while.

"I assure you I don't treat women that way." Damien tried again.

"Did the poor waitress manage to pay for the dress like you ordered? If I could recall clearly you said something about 2000 dollars, while your girlfriend babbled and cried."

Damien could hear the disdain in the elderly lady's voice and he could feel the business deal, slipping from his hands so quickly, "I-I apologize for that—"

"Enough." Mr Ramon finally spoke up, waving his hand in the air to halt the conversation. He cast a brief sideway glance at his wife, placing his hand on hers for a moment and then he turned to Damien, "I apologize for my wife's questions. She tends to remember past things, and can be quite emotional and a handful about it sometimes. Please, excuse her."