"What the hell? What are you doing here?"

"I got shot," Derek said.

"He's not looking so good, dude," Stiles noted.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott wondered.

"I can't," Derek answered. "It was - it was a different kind of bullet."

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asked.

"No, you idiot."

Maggie frowned as Scott said, "Wait, wait. That's what she meant when she said you had 48 hours."

"What? Who - who said 48 hours?"

"The one who shot you." Derek's eyes flicked from blue to normal. "What are you doing? Stop that!"

"I'm trying to tell you, I can't!"

"Derek, get up!"

Maggie began pulling Derek and looked between the boys. "Help me get him in the Jeep, you idiots!"

They did so and Derek looked out the passenger's window at Scott. "I need you to find out what kind of bullet they used."

Scott frowned. "How the hell am I supposed to do that?"

Derek noticed Allison behind them. "'Cause she's an Argent. She's with them."

"Why should I help you?"

"Because you need me."

"Fine. I'll try." He looked to his friends. "Hey get him out of here."

"I hate you for this so much," Stiles told him.

Maggie smirked. "I'll protect you if he attacks."

"How - you know what, it doesn't matter."

Stiles drove off. Maggie sent a message to her brother.

'Derek shot. Stiles and I are taking care of it. I'll text you where to meet us'

---

"Hey," Allison called as she and Scott met up. "What was he doing here?"

"Stiles and Tabitha were just, um, giving him a ride," Scott replied. "Uh, long story."

"But I thought you weren't friends with him."

"No, not really. Um, we're still studying together, right? So I'll meet you back at your place?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, bye."

"See you later."

---

Scott biked to Allison's house and got there when she did.

"How did you - You got here at the same time I did," Allison said.

"Oh," Scott stated, quickly thinking of a plausible lie. "Yeah, I-I-I just took a shortcut. Really short shortcut."

"What is going on with you today? You're acting all kinds of bizarre."

"I'm just - stressing about classes. I'm not doing as good this year."

"Not doing as well."

"See? Exactly."

"Maybe we should start with English?" Scott looked nervous. "Don't worry! Nobody's gonna be home for hours. Come on."

Scott followed her inside and up to her room. "Okay."

He noticed boxes and piles around her room.

"I'm still unpacking," Allison explained.