Clouds on the Horizon part 2

"I can't believe Mom broke it!" Exclaimed Amity in a mix of anger and anxiety. "I'm gonna fix it, and I'm gonna get a message out to Luz. I- I'm gonna do something!"

"We already tried burning down the factory." Said Edric as he sat with Emira on Amity's bed. "That's what got us grounded too."

"And Odwin hasn't left room yet." Added Emira. "I tried knocking, but he...sounded busy."

"If Mom would just hear us out!" Amity exclaimed in frustration.

"We can shout as loud as we want, but money always shouts louder." Replied Emira with a frown.

"Dad would listen. I know he would." Said Amity, her voice cracking as she teared up. "The world is ending, no one'll listen to us...and I just...I just wanna know that Luz is safe."

And as ask and you shall receive, Luz appeared right behind Amity. Soon, Skara too.

And after a kiss between Amity and Luz that she watched with a pout, Skara approached the door.

"I'm going to get Odwin, see ya in a bit." She said tiredly before the older blight twins stood in her way.

"Wait!" Edric said with a determined expression.

"We're coming with you." Added Emira with a smile.

Skara stared at them with a raised brow.

"We want to make sure he's okay." Said Edric calmly.

"And not planning any other murders." Added Emira with a dry chuckle.

"Uhh, what?"

"It's easier to just show you."

xxXxx

"Huh? The lights went off."

Ed and Em escorted Skara to Odwin's room where they made a few interesting observations.

Edric leaned towards the door and listened to hear the screaming from before still there.

"Spooky screaming's still on, though." He added scratching his head before he tried opening the door. "Aaaand the door is still locked."

"I don't care about screaming or locks." Said Skara pulling out a violin and playing a song that opened the door's lock with finesse.

Ed and Em quietly clapped with impressed expressions before Skara opened the door to see the source of the screaming.

"What?" Said Emira in shock.

"Oh my titan." Added Skara in shock.

"This doesn't make any sense." Added Edric in shock.

In front of the shocked trio, was Odwin...directing a choir composed of Minerva, Shade (Odwin's palisman) and an emperor's coven scout.

"Like, literally! I don't understand what's happening here." Continued Edric in confusion.

Odwin froze as he realized someone was behind him and turned around to see Ed, Em and his girlfriend.

"Uhh, what's going on here?" Asked Emira raising a brow.

"And what's with the arm?" Asked Edric.

Skara, however, crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

"Oh, it's just a spell I'd been working on." Replied Odwin cheerfully as he knocked on his shadowy monstrous arm. "It reads and rewrites the soul of the target to change desired personality traits."