Eclipse Lake part 2

"Are you okay, kid? You've been awfully quiet ever since we left." Asked Eda raising a brow at the depressed looking Skara.

"It's really bumming me out." Added King.

Skara didn't reply and kept moving on silently, causing Eda and King to wince.

"Even Boots is acting paranoid." Added Eda gesturing towards Amity who was trying to get to eclipse lake in a hurry.

"Yeah, but this place is crawling with tools." Added King worriedly.

"Well we can't afford to mess this up. Luz is counting on me and i have to get back to my nearly dead brother!" Said Amity in frustration.

"Relax, kid, the worst that can happen is him coming out with one arm." Said Eda nonchalantly.

"That's still bad!" Exclaimed Skara dejectedly.

"Yeah!" Added Amity.

"Can't Alador make a prosthetic or something? I thought you Blights-"

Before Eda could finish the sentence, a scream was heard as a supposed coven scout falling towards them.

"*gasp* a coven scout!" Exclaimed Amity as she prepared to fight.

"Uh, yes, I am but a humble scout and I surrender." Said the scout in a familiar voice.

"Well, that was easy!" Said King happily.

"Not so fast, King. Don't you recognize that annoying voice?" Said Eda glaring at the scout.

Skara felt as if she had heard that voice before and it wasn't until Amity caught him after he began running that she recognized him.

It was the golden guard.

And the first thing she did when she learned that, was kick him in the shins like she promised herself.

xxXxx

"Yeesh, he doesn't look so good." Said Gus wincing as he stared at Odwin's unconscious body.

"Yeah..." Added Willow.

"DON'T WORRY, ODDY. I'LL SAVE YOU!" Exclaimed Hooty with excessive crying as he held up a surgical saw about to chop off Odwin's arm.

"Hooty, no!" Said Willow in a panic upon seeing the saw. She immediately headed towards the bird tube and stopped him.

Gus urgently joined Willow in stopping Hooty and the two soon managed to pacify him, but not calm him down.

"Hooty, we're not cutting off his arm." Said Willow sternly as Hooty cried on the floor of the living room

"Yet." Added Gus with a smile.

"Only if things get worse." Said Willow firmly, crossing her arms.

"HOW COULD THIS GET ANY WORSE?!" Bawled Hooty in tears.

Gus put a hand on his chin and thought about the question.

"He could turn into a mindless monster that wants to end our lives" Said Gus cheerfully with a shrug.

Hooty, as if Gus didn't say a thing, kept on weeping and covering the floor in his tears.

"Gus, you're not helping." Said Willow as she shook her head to Gus in disapproval.

Not a moment after, a crash was heard and the house shook.

"Uh, what was that?" Asked Gus in concern.