15. Haldi

In a dark room a boy is sitting on floor a bottle of beer is in his hand and he take a sip. Eyes are red and swollen because of crying.

"You are adopted not a birla"
"Tum ho hi kis kaam ke"
"Agar abhimanyu nahi hota toh tumhe kabka bahar nikal chuka hota"
"Mere bete ke paiso se kholi hain tumne ye agency"

All those wounds which harsh birla gave him in past got fresh again with his arguement with Arohi. Neil is exhausted after whatever happened today. He is feeling devastated again. He saw his mother dying today, the worst nightmare he could ever have.

Someone started knocking the door rapidly. "Who's this" he shouted. "Bhaiya chachi has come she is calling you" Nishtha informed and left. Neil managed himself, washed his face and went downstairs where everyone is sitting with manjiri (harsh was discharged after the day accident happened)

Neil hugs his mom and she hugs him back. "Maa I missed you alot" "maine bhi tujhe pure gharko bohot yaad kia" she said and kissed her younger son's forehead. Everyone is loving this mother-son pair.

Akshu's phone rings and she picks it and talked with the person. "Ji main try karungi" she said and cuts the call. "Kon tha akshu" abhimanyu asked. "Baade papa" she replied and continues "kaaal aru ki haldi haina so subha 11 baje bulaya hain sabko aur ratko shadi" happiness fade from everyone's face except manjiri.

"Areh haan arohi ki toh shadi hain kaal main toh bachchi ka mehendi attend hi nahi kar paayi kaal toh haldi aur shadi main jana hi parega aur abhi tu bhi mujhe health ki wajah se nahi rokega" manjiri said excitedly but then she saw everyone's face and asked "ap sabko kya hua itne udaas kyu ho" but nobody replied her

"Bhabi I am not going there" Neil spoke. "Akshu tumhe jana hain toh jao I wont stop you but my family is not going" Abhimanyu's statement made manjiri shocked that why everyone is behaving like this.

"Hua kya hain koi batayega mujhe" akshu tells everything to manjiri and manjiri became very angry not because Arohi gave her wrong injection but because they cancelled her medical licence "Bachchi hain wo abhi abhi start kia hain intern hain sirf galti ho jati hain iske liye 1 saal taak cancel kardia"

"Maa apki jaan jaa sakti thi uske wajah se" Neil replied. "Paar gayi toh nahi na ye jante huye bhi ki main thik hu kyu nikala use" manjiri said. "Manjiri ye rule hain and just because we have personal relation with goenka hum uske liye rules thodi naa change karenge" mahima told. "Haan maa taiji is correct we can't mix personal and professional life" abhimanyu said

"Thik hain mein hospital waale issue mein nahi bolungi paar haldi aur shadi mein jana hi parega sabko wo toh personal life haina use hospital ke professional life se include mat karo" she ordered everyone that they have to go tomorrow and everyone agreed as it's not good to made pressure on her.
___

Next day

It's 2nd time she is getting ready for her haldi ceremony. Earlier her day got ruined by own sister, sister's husband who was going to be her husband and sister's brother-in-law. This time also these three ruined her mood or we can say career just before her haldi.

Arohi got to know birla's gonna come to and she rolled her eyes as always. It's not like she doesn't want to face them but she does not want to see their faces. But keeping all these things aside she wants to focus on her haldi last time she couldn't enjoy it but this time she wants to even tho she wished her and Rishab's haldi to be together but because of some rasam it can't be together.

Arohi goes downstairs and saw many guests already came including birla's. Her eyes fall on manjiri sitting on a chair and bandages all around. She remembered her what was her state yesterday. "Arohi beta yaha ao" manjiri called her. Arohi took tiny steps to reach. She was hesitating a lil bit because 1 day ago she saw manjiri almost dying and everyone thinks that it's her fault so maybe manjiri also thinks like that.

"Bohot pyaari lagrahi ho" manjiri smudges kohl from her eyes and applied behind Arohi's ear. Goenka's love this scenario including akshara. Birla's also don't have much problem with it except one Abhimanyu. He rolled his eyes and walks away from there. Arohi hugged manjiri because she felt happy that atleast someone from birla's see her as human.

Neil entered Goenka's and watches his mom and Arohi hugging. Unknowingly This gives a lil bit smile on his face. For him two most beautiful ladies are hugging eachother. He doesn't like Arohi according to him she almost killed his mom but he can't hold his feelings for her.

"Mujhe bhi toh hug karo maa" his voice broke their hug. This beautiful scenery made Neil forgot his all stress but Arohi can't forget whatever he did. Manjiri heard Neil and hug both of them together. Their hands touched and eyes met. This made them uncomfortable. Remembering what happened a day ago isn't easy for them. So they decided to break the hug.

"Baas main thik ho jau phir Neil ki shadi karani hain Arohi jaisi kisi ladki ke sath"

Manjiri Birla, loves her son most but couldn't took stand for him infront of her husband nor Neil could as he is a soft hearted guy. She wants a strong opinionated girl for his son who can take a stand for her son, who can be voice of her son infront of harsh birla

Manjiri's statement made Neil and Arohi's cheeks red. "Zarur hogi manjiri ji aur jaldhi" swarna spoke.  "Chalo ab haldi ki rasam shuru karte hain"

Goenka's started applying haldi one by one and now it's akshara's turn. Arohi doesn't want akshara to apply haldi on her but she doesn't want to create any drama now so she let her apply. "Aru jo kuch bhi hua forget it and phirse ek naayi shurwat karte hain" akshara spoke. Arohi chuckled sarcastically and replied "nayi shurwaat? Mere career ko khatam karke? You wish Akshara Birla. Hum dono ke beech aab sab khatam hain. Parso I am going to Mumbai uske baadse mera tujhse aur teri birla family se koi talluk nahi. I baar trust bhi nahi kia mujhpe aur abhi ye so-called shurwaat waale achche dialogue bol rahi hain usdin kyu kuch nahi bola jab mera licence cancel kar rahe the. I don't want mimi, baadi mumma and papa anyone to know all this unko insaab se dur hi rakhna aur mujhse bhi dur rehna shadi taak"

Nobody listened these sisters as they were busy in some conversation except Abhimanyu and Neil. Abhimanyu who is sitting next to akshara is about to reply Arohi but arohi didn't let him speak "tum toh kuch bolna hi maat warna usdin jo meri insult ki thi na usse 10 guna zyada sabke samne karungi. Arohi Goenka kya chiz hain wo abhi bhi jante nahi ho tum log" Abhimanyu and akshara are stunned to listen all these but Neil is not.

"It was so stupid of bhabi to say it. Wo kaise expect karsakti hain Arohi se sabkuch itna jaldi bhul jaane ke liye. Mana ki galti uski thi but career ko toh harm kiya hain uska and wo pagal hain apne career ko leke kaise maaf kardegi"  he came out of his because of AG's voice.

"Neil tumbhi haldi lagalo Arohi ko" Neil nodded and Arohi rolled her eyes. He sits infront her takes a lil bit haldi and applied it on her cheeks. "Mumbai jaa rahi ho dubara kabhi meri family ke aas paas bhi maat ana" he whispered. "Koi shok bhi nahi hain mujhe" she replied. He was getting up but he slipped and fell on Arohi. His nose touched on a soft mattress type thing where Arohi is sitting and his cheeks touched her's. Without wasting a second Arohi pushed him with force. AG and parth helped him to got up from her.

"Neil Aru tum dono ko lagi toh nahi" Mimi and manjiri asked. "I am fine" Neil said. "Dekhke nahi nahi chaal sakte tum chamgadar" Arohi shouted and Neil didn't replied because this time it was his fault.

"Neil tere gaalo main toh haldi laag gayi hain" abhimanyu said. "Ye toh achchi baat haina shagun ki haldi lagne se shadi bhi jaldi ho jaati hain" Manjiri replied.

After sometime haldi ceremony ends and all of them started preparing for shadi. Goenka's insists birla's to stay till night and requested them to go home at night after the shadi. They also thought it's shadi ka ghar so help karenge rehkaar.
___

A/N

Hi guys hope you all are doing well💕
Please do vote and comment it motivates me alot😇

And in this chapter I have tried to put manjiri's point of view more because during shadi her decision will matter alot that's why I've already cleared her thoughts about Arohi and relationship with Arohi.

And please someone message me about some shadi rituals like how kanyadan or phera's are done and kis kis rituals ke baad konsa ritual ata hain so that I can describe it well

Thankyouu💕takecare💕