Chapter 6: An eye for an eye

Start from the beginning

After Nozomi explained what happened, Fujio, Tsukasa, and Jamuo decided to leave since it was getting late. 

"Get better, okay?" Tsukasa whispered to her. He got the chance to approach her closer because Yuken was buying dinner and waiting for their parents to arrive. 

"I will," Nozomi said and smiled. Tsukasa reached out for her right hand and gave it a light squeeze.  

"We'll visit tomorrow," Jamuo told her. Nozomi nodded and gave a small wave to both Fujio and Jamuo.

The twins were the only ones left there. Kiko kept staring at the younger twin, the latter was feeling uncomfortable with her suspicious stare.

"What really happened, Nozomi?" Kiko asked with worry laced in her tone.

Nozomi looked down at her arm before looking back at her sister. She bit the inside of her cheek as she let out a tired sigh.

"To be honest, I'm still trying to figure it out." 

---

Their dad was the one that volunteered to be left with Nozomi that night. They forced Kiko to get out of the hospital and go home with Yuken and their mom. By force, it means Kiko was dragged away by Yuken himself.

Nozomi looked at her twin in pity when she was carried by Yuken to go home.

It was quiet when Kiko left and Nozomi felt herself getting sleepy. Her tiredness is finally catching up to her.

Her parents decided to transfer her to a private room so that she can fully rest.

In the morning, she was immediately greeted by Kiko who got there so early. Her dad was awoken by the older twin's voice.

"You have to go to school," their Dad told Kiko.

"I don't want to," the girl pouted as she sat down on the side of Nozomi's bed.

"Nozomi will be fine here," her Dad argued.

Kiko doesn't want to go anywhere since her twin got into an accident when they were not together. Now, the older twin is afraid of tearing her gaze away from the youngest.

"Dad's right. Besides that, you need to take notes for me in class," she said.

"Now I have to pay attention in school?!" Kiko groaned. Their dad looked at her suspiciously. "To pay attention more."

Nozomi snorted as her twin tried to lie to their dad.

"I'll be fine, Kiko. I'm stuck here, I'm not going anywhere," the younger twin assured.

A few minutes passed by when Yuken entered the room. Their dad left to go home and prepare for work as soon as the oldest got there.

"How are you feeling?" Yuken asked as he gave her the breakfast he bought for her.

"Like I was hit by a bus," Nozomi said and winced. "My whole body ached and lying here is not really helping."

Yuken shook his head and helped the girl to open the bento box that he bought.

Kiko sat down on the sofa in the corner of the room as she tried to waste her time there before going to school.

"Drink your medicine after eating, okay?" Yuken reminded her to which the girl just nodded. "I need to get going."