22| Jamie - Settling In

“Jesus Christ that was powerful

“Jesus Christ that was powerful.” Louis heaved out after taking the impact of Rosies kicks on the pads he was currently holding.

I laughed at his surprised and shocked expression. It had been several days since the revelations at the hotel and after giving ourselves 24 hours of recovery, which Stephen was unhappy about, we dove right into what kind of training Rosie had received, which he was even more unimpressed with.

Only she and myself knew who trained her and so far I was impressed. I knew she could manipulate people and after a heart to heart at midnight induced by too many glasses of wine in my room here in HQ I found that she really hated doing it.

She told me how it took every inch of self restraint she possessed to not lunge for me the second she recognised who I was. It may have been a decade or just over but I apparently look the same, I just grew into my features and got a few more scars.

Rosie was and is the picture of innocence. She's the friendly looking stray cat with every ounce of evil a regular cat has, she just holds it in until she needs it.

On the shooting range we found that whilst she is not consistently accurate, she would do damage. The bullet holes she left on the target had Louis crossing his legs and cringing. Safe to say, she is definitely trained and definitely lethal.

“Right, you can hit pads. can you fight back?” Louis asked her with a glint to his eyes.

Here we go.

I got comfy on the bench and watched. Earlier, I had been doing some training myself but seeing Louis getting his ass kicked was far more entertaining.

“I’m out of practice, pretending to be clueless was far more useful but we’ll see.” She said acting all shy about it. She turned to have a drink out of a water bottle at the edge of the ring and shot me a wink.

I brought my hand to my face to hide the smirk. Definitely ready to watch Louis have his ass handed to him.

I watched as they walked in circles around each other, sizing each other up. Louis threw a few fake punches to which Rosie didn’t even flinch at, I knew then Louis was assuming it was because she didn't defend herself so he threw a real punch this time which she expertly avoided before throwing a counter strike to his ribs.

“Louis getting his ass kicked then?” A low drawl sounded behind me which I knew was Harry, he stood directly behind me and though he wasn't touching me I was aware of his body being so close to mine. My skin was electrified and it would take a few centimeters and I'd be able to feel the warmth of his skin on mine.

I tilted my head back to look up at him, the grunts and pants of Louis and Rosie sparring all fading away as I took in the sight of him stood over me with his arms folded looking all superior as he does.

“He is. He doesn’t know that Zayn taught her so he’s going to…” I was interrupted by a large groan and Rosie repeating how sorry she was over and over again. “That’s what I was waiting for.” We both smiled at each other before looking towards the ring and seeing Louis doubled over with one hand cupping everything between his legs and blood trickling from his nose.