"Mothe-" but before i could finish my words, someone barged into the room.

Someone i haven't seen ever since i lived in this mansion, someone i don't ever hope to see. He's right there, with the most arrogant look i have ever seen on someone's face.

"So, this is where you're meeting with your bastard of a daughter huh?" He said as he looked at me, scrutinizing my very existence.

Mother put down her cup and sighed. "Haven't i told you to never talk about my daughter that way? Are you truly stupid or you really have pea for a brain, so you can't understand a simple warning." Mother smiled at him, "are you, my dear husband?" Her tone, made even me, shiver.

Mother's words made the arrogant look on the dog's face to falter, i thought that he would shut his mouth already, but i thought wrong. The arrogance came back to his face as if he wasn't frightened, just a moment ago. He took a seat beside Mother and leaned his back on the chair.

"My dear wife, i'm not trying to insult your... daughter, i'm just greeting you, that's it." He said as he tried to hold my Mother's hand, which she only swatted away.

"I don't think i have asked for your presence in here. Why don't you just go on your way and leave me and my daughter alone?" Mother directly looked at him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and stood up, "i'm not that insensitive to not know wether i am welcome or not." Then he walked towards the door, but before he made his exit, he glared my way.

"Why did he even go here?" I whispered.

I know that he really hates me, but i never knew it was this intense, that he'd go out of his way just to mock me. His reason before for attempting to kill me and Mother Tara is because he likes to marry Mother Duchess, who at that time is the heir to the title. But now, i'm pretty sure his reason is because of the title itself, i am my mother's biological daughter, which means, i have the right to fight for the inheritance of the title, that's the most logical reason i could think of. If that is not the reason, he's probably just a hateful person.

I'm pretty sure Mother is only keeping this dog, because she still got some use for him.

After a couple of minutes, i decided to return to my own place. The mansion is further away from Mother's mansion so it will take some time to get there. I'm not in a hurry, i'll get there wether i run or walk anyway, might as well enjoy the surroundings. The night in this place is rather peaceful, the crickets are making the quiet night a little bit lively.

I've been walking for quite some time, when a man wearing a knight uniform blocked my way. I tried to walk to the side but he also blocked it, i sighed in irritation and just looked up at him.

"What can i do for you?" I said, looking straight at him.

He only moved out of the way, but when i looked behind him, i saw someone i don't wanna see in this peaceful night. I thought that he already went back to his chambers, but here he is, smirking while looking down at me arrogantly. He's got the look like the one in front of him is a dirt on his shoe.

"So... how does it feel to be able to eat and dress well? Did it satisfy your low standards? I'm sure you're already thinking that you're a noble, but you're not, bastard, you're a commoner, a dirty, worthless, low life." He said those words, full of conviction as if trying to engrave his every words to my bones.

Is he seriously trying to pick a fight with a child? I mean, i'm really not a child, but you know what i mean. He's such an a-hole to even insult a child.

"It's alright, can i go now?" I asked him nonchalantly, not minding his words.

What i said probably made him mad, no, not probably, i'm sure he is mad. His eyebrows met in the middle as he clenched his fist, the vein on his forehead is getting visible.

"You bastard! You dare talk to me that way?!" He was so mad that he pushed me down, making me stumble and fall on my behind.

I didn't mind the push he did, it didn't hurt anyway. I didn't even try to defend myself, he's not worth it. "I just answered your question." I said without a care while getting the dust off my clothes.

What i said only made him even more mad to the point where he took the sword on the knight's side and aimed it to my neck. He's not very good with it i supposed, because it grazed my chin a little. I didn't mind the blood trickling down to the shaking sword and look at him straight in the eyes.

"Go on, do it, isn't that what you're an expert of? Hurting children, the ones who can't fight you back." i said to him, clenching my jaw.

I remembered one time, Monica came to me running, her face is red and her cheeks are wet with fresh tears. She told me that her father got mad at her for trying to get his permission to own a cat, a freaking cat. I was so mad that time that i could have barged into this bastard's chambers if only Monica didn't stop me.

"What did you say you low life?!" He was so mad he shouted this with all his might. I can only sigh and wipe away his saliva that flew to my cheeks.

"Ewww," i cringed.

"If i am a low life, then what do you call someone who is threatened by a low life? An even lower life? A garbage?" I asked, trying to provoke him, which worked. It worked quite well that he almost slashed my neck if only his knight didn't stop him on time.

I didn't even flinch with his swing, it's not frightening.

"You will never get away from disrespecting me you low- bastard." I guess he got insecure that he stopped himself from calling me low life again.

The dog and his knight started walking away, the dog even bumped my shoulder with his tall body. I didn't bother with his stupidity and just continued my walk to my chambers.

"This was supposed to be a peaceful walk, but now it's ruined." I can only complain to the wind while looking up at the starry sky.

"Well, at least the sky is beautiful."

____________________

As Douglas and his knight continue their walk, Everybody could see his face contort in so much anger. He got back to his room and called his knight over. He stood up and poured himself a glass of whisky.

"Kill that bastard! You hear me? Do everything to kill that bastard!" He ordered his knight. The knight only nodded and immediately get out of the room, his lord ordered him, so he's got no choice but to do what he says.

The man in the room continued drinking his alcohol, he stood up from his seat and paced from left to right.

Nobody knew what happened inside, but everyone near that particular room heard glasses shattering and shouts of anger.

______________________