Chapter Five: The Break In

I sat back, allowing myself to melt into the chair. My body felt like Jell-O and my stomach was in knots. I had never been so confused in my entire life, not until today. Max had finished talking at least 10 minutes ago but I still just stared blankly ahead trying to process what I'd been told. Robin gave my shoulder a squeeze while Dustin and Steve shared concerned glances. Max simply crossed her arms and looked away as if she didn't want to believe it either.

"Y/n I know a lot of information just got dumped on you but uhm, how are you holding up?" Steve asked nervously.

"I-I'm not sure." I answered honestly.

Because I genuinely had no idea how to feel or what to think. The fact that I was just told that there was an alternate dimension where there are creatures that eat people and some that can control the minds of others was in truth, unfathomable. On top of that how am I supposed to believe that a 14 year old girl with mind powers has secretly saved this town from destruction on multiple occasions from not only these creatures, and the Mind Flayer dude, but also The Russians!

I've lived here almost my entire life, how is it possible that I didn't know any of this! They must be lying.

I looked at all of their faces, analyzing each one of there expressions and they all looked about as serious as a heart attack.

Okay, so there's no way they're lying.

I sighed, "So how does all of that relate to Chrissy and Munson?"

"Well Max said the lights went off at her place and right after was when Eddie ran off scared, like something else had attacked them." Dustin whispered.

"And lights have flickered whenever El would use her abilities right?" I asked still trying to digest the information.

"Well yeah, but like it's also happened when something from the Upside Down has been around too." Max chimed in.

"So you guys think that it's possible Munson didn't kill..." I hesitated.

"Y/n, I know Eddie and he couldn't do this, it's the only explanation." Dustin looked at me with pleading eyes.

I didn't want to believe Eddie could do this either but how could I ever believe that some other worldly creature murdered my best friend?

"Look this is all getting kind of intense for me right now. I think I just need to go home and think." My anxiety was starting to take over my whole body, it felt like every inch of me was shaking.

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea." Steve said kindly.

"Are you sure you can drive home like this?" Robin looked concerned.

"I don't mind driving her." Steve offered excitedly.

Robin shot daggers at him with her glare. If I wasn't about to keel over from stress I might have found it almost comical.

"I'll be fine." I tried to fake a smile to ease her mind.

I collected myself as best I could and left the store. I was about a foot from my car when I heard someone calling my name.

"Y/n!"

I turned around to see Dustin following me out of Family Video.

"Dustin, I'm okay really. My house isn't too far." I tried to make myself sound as put together as possible.

"No it's not that. I just wanted to say I know everything we said sounds crazy but it's the truth." Dustin assured, "I just want you to know that once we get a hold of Eddie and find out what happened we will stop this."