Dunyarzad The Runaway

Start from the beginning

"Always, my guiding star."he whispered as he unfurled his wings and took to the skies. Not long after vanishing into a dark mist.

"Are you done being lovey dovey love birds yet? Paimon wants to get inside the city already!"huffed the fairy.

"Yeah, yeah lil' impatient Piemon."giggled Lumine as they continued to the city gate. Many people, both local and not. "Hey! Paimon is not food!"came Paimon's protest, Lumine could only smile and laugh as she followed the crowds. Palm trees and lush tropical plants graced the pristine white stone walls of the city gates as well what seemed to be tiles of limestone or something similar and soft green hued shingles of the dome arches.

"Sumeru City~! We finally made it!"cheered Paimon.

"Yep. Though we would have been here faster if somebody didn't insist on chasing after Professor Haypasia."Paimon instantly puffed out her cheeks at Lumine's reminded.

"Paimon's sorry, ok? How was Paimon supposed to know she'd be doing some weird mediating stuff?"huffed the silver haired fairy. However she stopped when she noticed the weird leaf shaped devices over people's ears that appeared as they entered the gates. "Nevermind, did you see those things that appeared as they entered the city?"

"Yeah, some kind of odd hologram thingy."confirmed Lumine. Her attention was soon drawn at the site of two men approaching. One of darker tone clothes that seemed more fit for the desert with earthy brown hair and dark green satin sash, scarf, and headband with a sword at his belt. Judging by the man's hands and the way he held himself this man was no pencil pusher, having seen his fair share of a fight. The other man was more pale robed in greens and blues with a sash of yellow. His brown hair was more smooth and well kept and it was him that waved in greeting as he called, "One moment please, young ladies. It appears this is your first time in Sumeru City."

"It is. I came here with my partner but he's handling some...work so he'll meet me here later."confirmed the blonde with a stoic expression. She couldn't place it, but something didn't feel right.

"Yeah it's our first time like she said, but how'd you know that?"wondered Paimon.

"I knew because there is no information about you in the Akasha System to speak of."the scholar informed. "Oh where are my manners, I'm Panah."

"Lumine and this is Paimon. Nice to meet you Panah."greeted Lumine politely before frowning. "This won't stop us from entering the city will it?"

"No need to worry Lumine, this won't stop you from entering the city. In fact, the Akademiya now provides each traveling visitor to Sumeru City with a device. Perhaps you two have heard of the Akasha System before? It is our beloved Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's lasting legacy. "Panah assured and inquired.

"I have heard of it from the forest rangers that gave us directions."Lumine stated, picking her words carefully. Panah went on to explain the device's functions and uses as he handed each of them the terminals that Tighnari had shown them beforehand. After saying the words to activate it caused a flash of light to zoom across her line of sight which felt so bizarre. Instantly getting information on both men before her. 

Actually this device made her feel more at unease as the men left and they entered the city. Asking the Akasha about both dendro archons, resulting in very different reactions. "Why can't I shake this feeling? I-It's like my privacy is being invaded and I'm being watched by a creep?"she thought nervously. Maybe she was just shaken from the attack earlier outside? Regardless she needed to find more clues about this Lesser lord Kusanali but also a doctor. But she wondered, what was Xiao doing right now?

 But she wondered, what was Xiao doing right now?