"Buddy, please we need to talk" he, said and gripped my wrist. He led me back to my private bar and he shut the door closed.

"Hey, what's up bro? Where have you been for the past 24 hours? You weren't returning my calls or texts. And why are you suddenly showing up with this suspense act of yours? What's going on?"

"Calm down, first where is Micaela? Is she in your room?"

I furrowed at his question, how did he know Micaela was here? Have there met each other before she came to me?

Oh, I think that's the case, they must have met each other. "Ha! I see! So, you were the one that told her where to find me, isn't it?"

"I had my reasons, I wanted you guys to sort things out first before I'll show up. So, have you?".

"Oh really?! How brilliant of you to have done that! You deserve an award for doing that!" I exclaimed with a broad smile.

"Buddy, you should hear your wife out, she does have something to tell you".

"Of course, I should have known you sent her to seduce me so that I'll change my mind regarding our divorce! You are a damn betrayal Antonio! No wonder you refused to pick up my calls throughout the whole day just because both of you had evil plans against me!"

"Buddy what are you saying?!"

"Don't you dare call me your buddy! You are a damn traitor! You had the guts to go behind my back to take side with a defendant after I made you my attorney! And you are standing there and calling me your buddy?"

"You're getting it all wrong, Fernando, just calm down and let me explain".

"I don't want to listen to your damn explanations! You know what? You'll no longer be my attorney for this case, I'm hiring Lionel Martinez to be my new attorney! Screw the both of you for betraying me!"

"What did you just say?" Antonio asks like he just didn't hear me.

"What now, are you deaf or what? I just said you are fired and will no longer serve as my attorney for the case I filed against Micaela Alvarado. A new attorney will represent me, you are free to be her attorney since it's what you ever wanted!"

"What are you saying, Fernando? None of this is making any sense! You can't just switch attorneys over a little misunderstanding! I came here to tell you something important not to fight with you".

"Something important? You mean talking about my ex-wife is now so important to you, isn't it? Tell me now, am I missing something? What are you two hiding from me?"

The door jerks open and our gaze diverted to whoever must have barged into my private bar without knocking. "Ha! Speaking of the beautiful devil, here she comes!" I exclaimed.

She stood at the door staring at Antonio and me like she was seeing us for the first time. "Quit the pretense now and come inside. Are you surprised to see your boyfriend with me now or what?"

"Buddy, stop this madness you are displaying already. You are insinuating things and I don't like it, remember I'm married" Antonio reminded me as if I had no clue about it.

"Of course, I do know you are married, that's the more reason you chose to cheat on your wife with my woman! C'mon, go ahead and admit you two had sex like we just did! She gave you her body just so you can protect her from facing justice that's why you didn't do what I asked from you, right?!" I felt a hard slap on my face right after I said that.

Silence brooded in the room at that moment. I held my cheeks in shock, I glanced up and behold my woman standing right in front of me with eyes glaring disgustingly at me. The atmosphere became suddenly uncomfortable for me. "You slapped me?" my voice came up like a whisper but I think she heard me.

"And I'll do it a million times if you ever think of me in such a shallow manner!" She replied between tears but her anger and pride never let her tears make her weak. "Who are you, Fernando? Are you the same sweet and loving man I married? Where is the trust we shared?"

"Don't you dare talk about trust! You are the most distrusted being I've ever met! You lied to me and made me believe you loved me and had no secrets, but immediately after I married you, you decided to show me the real you!"

"I admit I lied to you but that does not mean you'll see me as some cheap loose girl who can have sex with any man that comes her way let alone your best friend! My betrayal for not saying the truth then has nothing to do with my loyalty to you as your wife".

"Ex-wife! You are no longer my wife! How many times am I supposed to tell you that? Didn't your boyfriend here serve you the divorce papers I ordered him to give to you? Oh, of course not, he was there for another mission I guess".

"Fernando stop already! Micaela is innocent, you need to hear her out, or if you don't want to hear her out then listen to me. I've got something to tell you that can serve as..."

"Enough already, Antonio. I'm sick and tired of you defending this woman over her crime! I don't want to hear anything from you two, my new attorney will see to my request. You two can leave now".

"Ferd? Are you not going to pay attention to me just this last time? Don't you care to know the truth?" she extended her hand to touch me but I jerked away from her.

"The only truth I know is that you Micaela are a rapist. And you are going to serve the punishment the law has set for rapists like you, just that your sentence will be doubled and I'll make sure of that".

My words got her tearing up, she broke down into tears right in front of me and, to be honest......I'm feeling really bad now for hurting her emotions.

But I can't just forgive for what she did to me, let her feel the pain I've felt and I still feel. Antonio came standing beside her with his hand placed on her shoulder. I found myself scowling at the body contact and I swear I was angered.

"Can't you see you are hurting her Fernando?" he asked and I rolled my eyes with a groan.

"And how is that your fucking business? Why are you so concerned about her?! You are worried about her, aren't you? I really can't believe my best friend has been into my wife the whole time. How come I didn't see it?"

"You damn bastard!" Antonio grunted and hits his fist on my face causing me to stagger backward and I spat out blood. I got composure and threw a hard punch at his face and he went flying to the floor.

"Ferd! Antonio!" Micaela cried out and came rushing towards us. Antonio and I continued throwing punches at each other on the floor forgetting we were best friends.

"Please you guys should stop fighting!" She cried out once more but we turned deaf ears to her pleas. As I raised my hand to throw another punch at Antonio, my hand became still. "Ferd please stop" she pleaded holding my wrist.

I squint at her and locked my gaze with her for a moment. Those eyes reminded me of that night I saved her from drowning in the sea. She nods at me to let go of Antonio whom I had pinned down on the floor with my left hand. I found myself doing her bidding, I let go of Antonio's shirt and flinched from her hold. I rose to my feet and stepped away from both of them.

"The two of you should leave this minute and never you show your face wherever I am" I announced with my back turned on them.

I waited for them to leave and when I heard the door shut closed, I went to my knees and sat on the floor with my hands covered on my face.

My heart swelled with sadness, and memories of the moment we shared clouded my thoughts. Tears seared my vision and all I could mutter was "I thought we were meant to be, Micaela? Whatever happened to us? Where are the promises we shared?"

You've broken me, Micaela. Why did I have to fall in love with someone like you? How do I heal from this hurt?