iAm Just A Gibby

Quick A/N: This is kinda a filler chapter but kinda important because I'll bring this up again later. You'll see what I mean.
________________

Gibby's POV

Maybe I'm just a Gibby, but I know things. The things I know are things other people don't think I see. I go under the radar a lot. Yeah, the iCarlies spend time with me and Sam makes it a habit to pick on me. But I'm not really noticable most of the time. I'm just Gibby. Being Gibby meant getting a Texas wedgie at least twice a month and hitting on hot girls out of my league. Did I mention I usually don't strike out?

But being Gibby also means I get a front row seat to most iCarly drama. I could probably end the ship wars with a single comment about what I see. A better plan would be slipping the information to Wendy. It would be spread quickly and I wouldn't have to take the heat. But I don't have the bravery to do either of those things. Why? Because Sam would beat me into a pulp if she ever found out.

Some may think that my friendship with iCarlies would mean I discovered that there's some sort of secret relationship meandering about. Some think the so-called secret relationship is Seddie and others think it's Creddie. Both conclusions would be incorrect. However, I have discovered Sam and Freddie flirting. Most people would say they argue but I just don't see it. I will admit that at surface level they argue. But if you look a little bit deeper, they go into their own little world when they argue. I, personally, have high hopes that one day Freddie would realize Sam was flirting with him; or maybe more importantly he flirts with her.

But it didn't seem like that would happen anytime soon. There was a rumor going around that Freddie saved Carly's life. Freddie hadn't been at school today so it could be true. Or maybe he just got the flu? But I had to check if it was true. Of course, I should check with Carly or maybe even Freddie. But Freddie's mother scares me and Carly would attract a crowd as soon as she mentioned Freddie. So I decided I'd ask Sam.

I tapped her shoulder from behind. "Hey, Sam." She screamed in response. "AGHHH!!" She turned around super fast and put her blowtube up ready to fire a paintball. Fear overwhelmed me; as it usually did around Sam. "AHHH NO I'M JUST A GIBBY!!" I took a step back from her as I spoke; or rather yelled the words. She put the blowtube down to her side. "Sorry, I'm on the lookout for Spencer. We're the only two left in the game." She explained and I could do nothing but give a confused look. "But you're at school." I should have known that Sam wouldn't accept that as a reason to let her guard down. "So? Spencer will try to sneak up on me anywhere, anytime. Even here." She looked around like everyone was a suspect. She started walking to her locker backwards and gave me a task. "Watch my back while I get something out of my locker."

Unfortunately I didn't quite understand what the task was. "And what if I see Spencer?" Sam looked at me like I was lacking in intelligence. "Use your face and body to protect me." The way she said it, it sounded like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which was only emphasized by her raised eyebrows. So I voiced the words that were now made obvious to me. "Ah, like a human shield." I nodded as if to accept my task. Sam didn't agree with my analogy. "I was gonna say bullet monkey. But whatever tickles your peach."

But I didn't care what analogy Sam preferred. I was Sam Puckett's human shield. How many people can say they've been that? That's right. Only me. I stood guard while Sam got her stuff out of her locker. I pointed to a man with a beard. "THERE'S SPENCER WITH A FAKE BEARD!" I watched as Sam acted before thinking. She shot the man with orange paint. The only word that left him was. "Oi." Before we knew it a teacher ran to his aid. "Rabi Goldman!" Sam turned to me with a look of horror and then looked back at the Rabi then back to me. "That was a real Rabi!" She practically yelled. She was clearly annoyed. I gave her a look of confusion. "I didn't know. I don't have cable." Of course that was a horrible excuse and I knew it the second it left my lips.