Chapter 25 | Game

Since you were all so impatient, here's an update. Actually double updates but then the next update would be at 5.

❄️ FARREN ❄️

He stalked towards me, slowly, carefully with the pose of a predator about to feast on his prey. "And I ain't Damon's only child... there's one more. Someone who is the heir to the Caligos. Their new leader."

"Would you like to meet him?" His face inched closer to mine.

No. He can't mean that. No... it's not true.

"Aeron? Could you please come in?" He called out.

And the breath got knocked out of my chest and my blood ran cold when Elysian walked in. Their leader. A Caligo himself.

No, no, no. This isn't true. I must be dreaming. It can't be fucking true.

Elysian was there to protect me...he was my bodyguard...my husband. Why would he do this?

He said he loved me.

The shock made my knees buckle and I fell down on the floor and watched as his fists clenched, not a single sign of emotion on his face.

On the other hand, Hector seemed to be enjoying my situation.

"This isn't true." I whispered to myself. "This can't be true."

"Believe me, Farren. It's real, it's very, very real." Hector's spoke, that damn smirk not leaving his face.

But I didn't care about him, my eyes only searched Elysian's and he refused to make eye contact with me.

No, this wasn't my Elysian. This is Aeron. This is someone else, this can't be the man who said he loved me, he can't be the man who made love to me, who took me to his mother, who kissed me with so much passion in the middle of the flowers.

Hector stalked towards me, walking in circles around me. "How naive can you really be to think that he actually loved you? Did you really believe him? My brother has been an excellent liar, he was trained like this."

Lie. It was all a lie. He doesn't love me.

"Didn't I tell you how clingy you are, Farren?" He continued as he crouched down to my level and gripped my chin in between his fingers firmly. "Just because he gave you his attention, tolerated you, kissed you, you fell in love with him."

Searing pain gripped my heart and it became difficult to breath. You know why I am angry? Because I fucking love you! Every second I spend away from you makes my heart fucking burn.

Was that a lie? Why did it feel so real then?

Tell me you love me.

I love you.

Again.

I love you.

Another lie?

Tears dripped down my eyes and my breaths came out in shallow breathing.

I remembered our first time. It was the most beautiful night of my life. Thank you.

Did he use me? Was that night also not real?

More tears fell from my eyes and suddenly it was too difficult to breath. I was going into a panic attack.

"Enough." Elysian or should I say Aeron's cold voice sent chills down my spine and releasing my chin, Hector got up to his feet.