Chapter 14 | Check-up

❄️ ELYSIAN ❄️

I have been having this weird burning sensation in my heart ever since and it only intensifies whenever I look at Farren and it's freaking weird.

Waking up to her face buried in my chest made me realise how calm and at peace I felt and that burning sensation wasn't there anymore for which I was grateful because if it happens one more time I am going to the doctor. For real.

Humming in satisfaction she threw her arm around my body snuggling closer to me and in that moment she looked so vulnerable that the feeling of fierce protectiveness surged through me and I cradled her head as my heart skipped several beats.

The fuck is my heart skipping a beat for? I swear something is seriously wrong with it, I am going to the doctor now. That's it. But who's gonna look after her? I am not going to take her with me. Maybe I can leave her at her parents' house...

My thoughts were interrupted when she threw her leg over my hips pulling me closer to her and joining our hips together and I had to stifle a groan. I grabbed her leg and gently pried it away from me careful not to wake her up and I shifted away. She has lost her mind.

I turned my back to her and was about to leave when her arm once again snaked around my waist and she pressed her face into my back groaning softly as if protesting about the loss of warmth. She will drive me crazy for sure.

I should get up, it's past my sleeping time anyway so again I removed her hand from around my waist and quickly got up and without sparing her another glance, I walked towards the bathroom.

"Elysian!" I heard her whine loudly and I turned to see her kneeling on the edge of the bed, her eyes closed, hair messy and her body swaying lightly as she was not fully conscious yet.

"Yes?" I moved closer to her and with her eyes still closed, she extended her arms towards me and as soon as my fingers grazed her arm, she came closer and wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs wrapped around my waist making me stumble back as I held her legs firmly to make sure she doesn't fall down.

She buried her face in the crook of my neck like a small child. "Don't leave me."

My jaw clenched and my arms tightened around her. "I'm not leaving you, Farren." I assured her and with her in my arms, I sat down on the edge of the bed gently rubbing her back and I heard her snoring softly making me chuckle. God, she is cute.

Even when I tried to pull away, she refused to leave me and so left with no other options, I laid back down with her sleeping on top of me and eventually, I fell asleep too.

I felt a smack on my shoulder. "Wake up! Leave me!"

I half opened my eyes and saw her glaring down at me, she was still lying on top of me with my arms secured tightly around her waist. I loosened my grip and she scrambled away from me with her cheeks looking red and I am sure mine were too.

.
.
.

"Don't go to work today."

She paused with her toast and butter halfway into her mouth. "Why?"

"You are not well, right? Take a leave besides I won't be able to accompany you today, I have some work." Like getting my heart checked.

"What work?"

"Um...I need to get myself checked."

She put down her toast and looked concerned. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am alright. The doctor has called me just to take a scan of my ribs." The lie came out smoothly from my mouth.

"Okay." She shrugged. "I didn't feel like going to work anyway."