Everyone took a look at each other, then at you.

"Look, what im about to tell you might be, a little... difficult to take." Dustin says calmly.

"Okay?" Eddie says in a low, soft voice.

"Um You know how people say Hawkins is cursed? They're not.. way off. Remember when i said her eyes glow and her hands. Its because she, and you probably wont believe me, but she can read your mind." Dustin begins to explain. "She can look through all your thoughts, and your memories. She can even control your mind. And she's not the only person out there with abilities. And there's something else, that has been going on without pretty much anyone in this town knowing. There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins. Sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like superheroes, ghosts all that shit?" Eddie asks.

"There are some things, worse than ghosts." Max answers.

"These monsters from this other world. We thought they were gone. But they've come back before. And each time, people who are like y/n have killed them, fought them, we've all almost died to them. That's why we needed to find you." Dustin continues.

"If they're back again, we need to know." Max finishes.

"So we can kill them again." You add.

"That night. Did you see anything?" Robin asks.

"Dark particles, maybe?" Max suggests.

Eddie shakes his head.

"It would almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin explains.

"Like grey snow." You add.

"No, there was nothing you could see, or uh, or touch." Eddie answers. "You know i tried to wake her, i really tried. She couldn't move. It was like she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell." Dustin suggests.

"A curse." Eddie adds.

"Vecna's curse." Dustin says.

"Who's Vecna?" Steve asks.

"An undead creature of great power." Dustin answers.

"A spell caster." Eddie adds.

"A dark wizard."

You're sat back in Steve's car, everyone is practically silent. He's taking you all back to the family video store to get your bikes and go home. He's offered to drop you all home about a million times, but you've all refused. The only thing running through everyone's minds at that moment was what Eddie had said.

"Um y/n," Dustin finally breaks the silence. "Are you staying with me tonight?"

"No its fine, I'll just make my mom forget the phone call and think i came home on time." You respond.

The car goes back to more silence, until Robin finally speaks. "We have got to get that guy some food."

"Yeah, yeah i know." Steve answers, "Can you guys get at the store at like, 11 tomorrow?"