Chapter 5

Chapter 5 : 
______________________________________________________________________

Welcome <3 I hope you enjoy!! sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes!

You slowly adjust your eyes as you wake up to see a pile of folded clothes on your desk chair. You rubbed your eyes as you sat up and got out of bed and did a staggering walk out your room and to the kitchen. The living room was facing your kitchen and you could see your mom on the sofa watching tv.

"How did you sleep?" She asked. 

You were still annoyed about the whole California thing, but if you wanted to go out with Max you might as well be decent to her. "Fine i guess, what are you watching?" You said while pouring yourself some orange juice, its your go to in the morning. 

"News, someone's body's been found." She answers putting her focus back on the tv. 

"Oh god, do you know who?" You asked walking over and sitting next to her. 

"Not yet, the reporters haven't been allowed near it." 

You looked at the tv, a woman with pearls and a blue outfit was stood before a crowd of people. "We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County-"

'thats where Max lives' You thought to yourself.

"-We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not yet released the name of the victim, although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family. The events that have occurred here is sure to touch a nerve across the community of Hawkins, which is still reeling from last year's devastating mall fire. Over 30 innocent lives were lost. Newly appointed police chief, Calvin Powell, who served as deputy under Chief Hopper, and the Hawkins Police Department are actively investigating the scene they've completely blocked off all access to the trailer so there is no way of looking inside..."

"Oh god." Mom sighs talking over the tv, "Hey can you call Max and make sure she's alright? I know she lives round that area."

"Yeah sure." You get up and walk to the kitchen and around the island in the middle, but as you go to pick the phone up on the wall it begins to ring. "Hello?"

"Y/n? Perfect." Dustin's voice shouts. 

"Dustin? I can't talk right now i need to call Max have you seen the-" You start.

"-She's with me, I need you to meet us at family video. We need to talk about something, i can't talk about it over the phone for obvious reasons." Dustin says interrupting you.

You lower your voice, "You really think i'll be allowed out? I'm grounded and someone's just been murdered."

"Just make up something like Max is staying at my house because she's scared or something like that and you want to be there for her. Just be here we need your help, like really really need it. Please." He begs.

"Ugh, fine ill see what i can do." You sigh.

"Thank you y/n, love you." Max says down the phone.