Chapter 39 - Pregnant

"I've been really tired lately. And the other day I cried because I dropped a pie on the ground. My monthly is three weeks late. And I don't know, I just have a feeling," she rushed out the words describing what she's been through. The doc nodded thoughtfully. 

"Lift your shirt. Lay down," he said simply. Doing so he gently palpated her lower stomach. He hummed and got a stethoscope placing the cold metal on her lower stomach. He closed his eyes as he listened and then a soft smile spread across his face. 

"A strong heartbeat," he said making Lillianna freeze. 

"Congratulations. You've got a little sailor in there," he said. Lillianna blinked in shock before looking up at the ceiling. 

She didn't know how long she stayed there, but after a bit the doc helped her sit up.

"How far along?" she asked looking down at her stomach.

"I can already hear the heart beat but your not showing yet, and you said you were three weeks behind on your monthly's so im guessing around the two month mark," he explained softly. His words drowned out as Lillianna shakily hovered her hand over her stomach. Letting out a shaky breath she placed it upon her skin. 

The only though in her head of the child that lay below it. 

"I'm pregnant," she whispered in disbelief only to let out a joyful chuckle as nothing but warmth and love filled her. She was going to have another child. 

"Ay, and if he's anything like his parents he's going to be bonnie," the doc said softly. Lillianna nodded through a laugh. 

The pleasant moment was however disturbed by the sound of boots hitting the deck above them. It wouldn't have been strange but it was the dead of the night and the steps of the boots were soft and slow. The two shared a confused look before they walked up to the deck. What they saw shocked them. 

Beside them towered ship of pure black. And walking across the plank was a group of darkly dressed people, with miss marino tied up and slung over there shoulder. 

"Hey!" Lillianna's yell had them panicked. They rushed, Lillianna blood going cold as they jumped to their guns. Dropping to the deck the guns were fired waking the whole crew from both ships. Lillianna took deep breaths to calm herself as the ship pulled away there fire unrelenting. Her hands clasped over her ears she she curled up her mind instantly snapping to Maisie and her husband. Speaking of which she gasped slightly when a body slammed against hers tucking her under a broad chest. 

"Lillianna, are you ok!" Jacobs yelled was frantic as he looked down at his panicked wife. Getting no response her held her tighter. When the firing stopped he stood looking at the ship that sailed away. 

"T-They have Marino," Lillianna forced the words out.

"After Em lads! They've got Marino!" Jacob yelled sending the crew into a frenzy.

"What the blood hell happened!?" Lia yelled.

"We were attacked. They took one of our crew!" Jacob yelled before turning his attention back down to Lillianna.

"Love, look at me are you shot?" he asked. 

"Um I," Lillianna didn't know what was happening to her. She couldn't form words and her body seemed to be moving slow not listening to her mind.

"She's in shock," The doc said kneeling down beside him.

"What do I do?" he asked.

"Hold her tight. Keep talking to her. Try and calm her down," he said. Sarah took one look at Lillianna.

"I've got the crew," she said simply. Jacob nodded Pulling Lillianna onto his lap leaning up against the side of the ship and holding her tightly.

"It's alright love, I'm here. You're ok. You're alright," he said softly.

"Maisie?" Lillianna asked.

"Get maisie," Jacob ordered a passing by sailor. When Maisie saw her crying mother she rushed over. Seeing her seemed to break away Lillianna's wall. She let out a sob pulling her close kissing her head.

"Thank god you're both ok, thank god," she whispered through tears her hands shaking as she breathed heavily. 

"Deep breaths love," Jacob whispered softly. Following along she took deep shaky breath till she felt herself calm down. 

"You alright?" Jacob asked with nothing but worry. 

"I'm good, I'm good," she nodded. Jacob nodded hesitantly pulling her up.

"Take ya mum to her room," Jacob said softly. Maisie nodded gently leading Lillianna away. Lillianna simply sat on her bed holding Maisie close to her. She kept replying the scene in her head. She kept reliving the fear she felt for her family. When things had calmed down as much as they could Jacob walked into the room with a hot cup of brew. 

"Was anyone hurt?" Lillianna asked.

"No, not a scratch," he said taking Lillianna's free hand. He gently rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand as she let out a relieved sigh. 

"Why on earth would they kidnap her?" Lillianna asked.

"I don't know love, but when we catch em well find out," he said softly.

"How did they even got so close to us?" Maisie asked.

"They used the cover of night. I doubt even Leia would have been able to spot them in that dark ship," Jacob explained. 

"What happens if we can't catch them?" Maisie asked softly.

"That's not an option lass," Jacob said simple. Gently cupping there cheeks he let out a deep sigh. When he heard the guns go off it felt like his heart had be ripped from his chest. He was close enough to shield Maisie, him in the process of putting her to bed. Yet when he saw Lillianna laying on the ground it felt as if his whole soul had been ripped from his body. He simply looked over them both, taking in the fact that they were both there and both unharmed before pulling them into a close hug.