Chapter 2: Night Out

Comenzar desde el principio

---

"We just got home, where are you going? And it's almost dark outside," Kiko asked as she noticed her sister getting dressed.

Nozomi wore a white v-neck shirt and her grey hooded jacket. She picked up a pair of black pants and her white sneakers. After getting completely dressed, she glanced back to Kiko.

"I'm just going out," she simply said as she left their bedroom. The older twin followed her.

"With who?"

"With who what?"

"Who are you going with?" the older twin sighed.

"Just someone," Nozomi muttered quietly.

"Who is this someone?" Kiko asked with a raised brow.

"Tsukasa," the younger twin mumbled but Kiko heard it as she gasped and jumped up and down excitedly.

"Oh my god! Yes!" she exclaimed happily.

"It's not a date!" Nozomi argued.

"You're going out with just the two of you. How come it's not a date?"

"Because we didn't call it a date?" Nozomi looked at her as if it was a matter of fact.

"Oh, come on! You two clearly like each other!" Kiko groaned in frustration. "Don't deny it to me, Zomi!"

The younger twin looked at her sister and sighed. "I do like him."

Kiko stopped moving as she stared at her sister with widened eyes.

"I know it myself but I don't want to tell him, at least not yet. We just became close friends and I don't want to ruin it. What if he doesn't like me back? That will be so embarrassing!" Nozomi told her and rolled her eyes at her sister's reaction.

"He clearly likes you, sis," Kiko said in a serious tone.

"I don't want to get my hopes up," Nozomi smiled bitterly as her sister looked at her with sympathy.

The younger twin left their house and went towards the park as it is their meetup place.

She immediately spotted the familiar blonde. The girl smiled as she approached him.

"Am I late?" Nozomi asked. Tsukasa looked at her with a smile.

"No, I just got here," he answered.

Nozomi nodded, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Come on."

Nozomi chuckled as the two found themselves in a night market. It's already dark as they got there.

"This is perfect," she said and turned to Tsukasa who is gently smiling at her.

"Shall we, then?" Tsukasa asked as he lightly bowed at the girl and offered his hand.

"We shall," Nozomi laughed as she accepted his hand.

The two went from booth to booth as they tried lots of street foods. From grilled squids, and takoyaki to yakisoba, and candy apples.

Nozomi had fun being with Tsukasa and eating out at the night market. She felt at ease around him that she can let her guard down around him. She considered him one of the most important people in her life.