Chapter One.

"Buttercup?!"

"Buttercup?!"

My eyes slowly start to open, but they immediately shut back due to the early morning sunshine. I blink rapidly while pulling the blanket over my head.

"Evangelina, get up. We have to be at brunch at 12:30".

I slowly start to realize what's going on around me. Mama is home and brunch is today. With a very deep and long, wild, stretch, I remove the blanket from my head and wipe my eyes.

"When was the last time you left this bed?" I felt the end of bed dip. My mom put her arm on my calf.

My mom is a forty-seven year old African American women. She stares at me with her hazel brown eyes that compliment her skinny eyebrows, soft diamond shaped face and very long lashes. My mom doesn't even need mascara for her lashes because she's been growing them out with serums—it's the first thing you notice when you look at her.

My eyes peered over the top of my white comforter. "Mom", my voice is strained, "why are you here so early? Brunch isn't until 12:30 and it's only 9am".

"Oh please, we both know how long it takes you to get dressed. Get up now, and get dressed. Derek is making breakfast and I'll be cleaning. Your place is disgusting".

With silence, I stretched again and set up more in my bed. Since I just woke up, my brain is hazy and I'm in a daze.

"Get up. Now". Mama says as she walks over my door.

I exhale heavily and harshly flop back on my bed.

-

"When we enter, I want you to play nice. I don't care about what happened when you were younger. You are an adult and you will act like it". Mama instructed me as while entered the high class building.

The place mama and Rose chose is absolutely stunning. The building looks like an old mansion with greenery everywhere. Large olden style chandeliers and grand lights hung from the high ceiling complimenting the tall open windows and white walls.

The way the golden beams of sunlight hit the chandeliers reflected into the room brightening it up beautifully.

Our table sat in the center—a rectangular shape. It was decorated with different shades of pink, golden and dark purple flowers as well as crockery. In middle of all of it was a variety of all types of mini fruits, cakes, finger-sandwiches and teas.

"Wow". I voiced my thoughts.

"Sumi!"

We all turned to see the Brolinni's walking in. Rose, Hank, Raven and Blaine all scrolled in everyone with a smile on their face expect Blaine.

As my mom and Rose as well as Derek and Hank exchanged greeting, I immediately went over my little best friend.

Raven is not only the youngest but my favorite of the Brolinni's. He's a nineteen years old metal head, who has an addiction to Reese's and poetry. I smiled and went in a hug which he returned with just as much enthusiasm. It been a while since we last spoke in person but we do message from time to time.

Pulling back, I stare at up him. I'm 5'9 but he's already 6'3. He's so beautiful. Long blonde hair with blonde eyebrows and lashes that highlights his pale skin and green-grey eyes.

"It's been such a long time! How are you?" Raven inquiries in his quiet and raspy voice while flinging his arm over my neck. "You look so clean".